Manager, Media & Integrated Marketing - North America
S C Johnson & Son Inc.
The Manager, Media & Integrated Marketing - North America will serve as one of the Company's media experts for the North America region.
* Reporting to the Director, Media & Integrated Marketing, NA & Europe, they are part of the Media and Integrated Marketing (MIM) Team, which is responsible for strategy, planning, buying and implementation of traditional and digital media and activations for our core brands and markets around the world.
* Working with the local Marketing Commercialization teams and agencies, they will build and optimize breakthrough plans for those markets, focusing primarily on leading media-to-cart communication planning and media activation, including understanding and optimizing our omnichannel strategy and activation of eCommerce/retailer media.
The person will work closely with Marketing and MIM partners-including media, shopper, technology and insights agencies- to develop, execute, and steward integrated marketing and media strategy, content and execution to optimize performance, efficiency, and competitive position.
This role will interact frequently with senior stakeholders, requiring strategic capabilities, strong leadership and project management skills, influencing and communication skills, and exceptional collaboration.
This Media Manager should possess a strong media background, ideally with experience on both the agency and client sides, with planning and buying experience across all media types, including digital and eCommerce. In addition, they should have media and connections strategy development, experience in the NA media markets, and ideally global/regional experience.
The position is located in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Drive implementation of the media-to-cart and omnichannel planning process in partnership with Marketing Commercialization teams, i.e. setting timelines, managing completion of strategy and activation plans and presentations, and coordinating feedback across categories and countries.
* Lead development of effective media plans for brands with media agencies and partners.
* Develop and continually optimize media strategy, tactical planning and buying operations through process refinement and ensuring adherence.
* Understand key consumer media consumption trends and developments and leverage understanding into development of more innovative strategies and plans.
* Drive and maximize eCommerce potential within omnichannel and media strategy development, based on market business problems to solve. Work closely with key stakeholders in markets and eCommerce partners to integrate eCommerce and digital media plans.
* Lead deployment of eCommerce/retail media plans with Media Agency and in partnership with eCommerce/Customer Marketing teams. Focus on searching and reapplying best cases across brands and markets.
* Partner with local Marketing Commercialization teams to manage agency briefing process and agency development of local strategies and plans.
* Review and align on media plans and changes with Marketing Commercialization team.
* Monitor delivery of media plans, providing overall stewardship of SC Johnson investments, plans and inventory.
* Partner with Local Finance and Marketing stakeholders and Media Agency to track and monitor budget changes and evolutions.
* Foster an environment of media evolution, learning and improvement. Work with the media agency and Consumer Insights and Business Analytics team to measure effectiveness of communication plans and develop a learning agenda focused on generating insights, best practices, and future improvements of programs.
* Drive consistent application of SC Johnson Best Practices, periodic reporting and ensure use of SC Johnson tools and processes (e.g., PlanIt, Redmill, Datorama).
* Collaborate with Marketing Commercialization teams and agencies to determine advertising inventory needs.
* Understand media marketplace trends and developments within and across relevant markets.
* Set aggressive, but achievable media investment efficiency and flexibility targets.
* Develop and evolve eCommerce and retail-enabled tactical media strategies through new and innovative ways of activations to drive improved conversion effectiveness and business results.
* Lead implementation of negotiations strategies with agencies in an effective and timely manner.
* Identify and develop opportunities to evolve and pioneer new ways of working, partnership and innovation with key media vendors, in partnership with the media agencies.
* Implement new ways of working and measurement to drive real time/in-flight optimization, exploring new ways of reaching consumers, and tight evaluation of partners and test and learn opportunities.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
* Bachelor's degree required
* 7+ years of experience in media and communications planning and buying (experience in omnichannel planning and performance media desired)
* Must have prior Agency experience
* Understanding and experience in Consumer Packaged Goods category
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
* Proven leadership in setting strategic direction and innovation in solving marketing issues
* Demonstrated team leadership and development
* Proven track record of impacting business results
* Demonstrated skills in managing complexity, providing strategic insight and executional excellence
* Leadership of cross-agency and/or cross-functional resources against a defined scope of work
* Ability to make good, quick decisions based on sound judgment and strong analytical skills
* Proactive self-starter, able to set agenda independently and work with limited managerial direction.
* Strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment and financial acumen
* Strong project management leadership skills
* Strong organizational and communication skills. Proven ability to work with agency partners as well as internal stakeholders
* Excellent consulting skills and ability to influence effectively
* Ability to develop deep collaborative relationships across multiple work groups
* Passion for innovation
* Experience with and providing expert guidance for a broad range of media and digital marketing, including but not limited to social, eCommerce and retail-enabled media, search, content/media partnerships, brand website, etc.
* Full time
* Up to 10% travel
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.