Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Evenings Full-Time
First Atlantic Health Care
As a member within a strong clinical team, providing amazing care to our Residents is the primary responsibility of our Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs). You will perform necessary nursing care to assigned units/residents. This is an important role and must be completed In accordance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as facility's established nursing care policies and procedures. Reports to Nurse Manager.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the applicable state laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the long-term care facility. ; we are happy to teach new graduates and nurses new to the Long Term and Skilled Nursing.
* Must be able to work as part of a health care team to assess resident needs, plan and modify care and implement interventions.
* Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other health care team members as necessary.
* Administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, and note times and amounts on patients' charts.
* Observe residents, charting and reporting changes in residents' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
* Provide basic resident care and treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas or douches, rubbing with alcohol, massaging, or performing catheterizations.
* Sterilize equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer, or autoclave.
* Answer residents' calls and determine how to assist them.
* Measure and record residents' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
* Prepare residents for examinations, tests or treatments and explain procedures.
* Assemble and use equipment such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers.
* Record food and fluid intake and output.
* Assist residents with bathing, dressing,
$35k-54k yearly est.