Saint Augustine, FL
Performs a variety of tasks involving physical labor at construction sites, utilizing hand and power tools and other equipment.
• Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Reads and interprets plans, instructions, and specifications to determine work activities.
• Digs ditches or trenches, backfills excavations, and compacts and levels earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
• Positions, joins, aligns, and seals structural components.
• Measures, marks, and records openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
• Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
• Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
• Follows company and industry safety rules, practices and procedures.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
• Controls traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
****Position does require extensive travel up to 100%***, Example travel schedule will be 8 days on and 6 days off. This is subject to change based on project need.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• Familiarity with materials and methods used in construction.
• Experience with machines and tools used in construction, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
• Ability to read and understand instructions and work specifications.
• Ability to understand and follow safety rules, policies, procedures and regulations.
• Ability to work as a team, to jointly carry out assigned tasks.
• Works outdoors at construction sites.
• Performs physical activities that require considerabl
$40k-73k yearly est.