Norsk Hydro Asa
Maintenance Supervisor Job in Mio, MI
Hydro Aluminium Metal a leading supplier of extrusion ingots, sheet ingots, foundry alloys, wire rods and high-purity aluminum with a global production network of around 5,000 employees. With primary metal production facilities in Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar, and recycling facilities throughout Europe and in the U.S., two-thirds of our primary aluminum production is based on renewable energy.
Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
Hydro is committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future and in doing so, creating more viable societies by developing natural resources into products and solutions in innovative and efficient ways to industries that matter.
Hydro employees can enjoy several benefits including:
* Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
* Retirement Savings Plans with Company Match/Contributions
* Education Assistance
* Bonus Plan Eligibility
* Parental Leave
* Associate Degree or vocational school in the maintenance field -OR- equivalent relevant experience.
* Industrial Maintenance planning and supervision experience required.
* Working knowledge of PLC, hydraulics, pneumatics, combustion, electrical and mechanical maintenance as well as preventative maintenance.
* Excellent communication and interaction skills for dealing with operators, shift leader, maintenance colleagues, management, vendors, and partners.
* Good math and reading skills. Blueprint reading also preferred.
* Solid understanding of PC's as well as SAP, APICS and PM software.
* Solid understanding of PLC, hydraulics, pneumatics, combustion, electrical and mechanical maintenance as well as preventative maintenance.
* Promote safety through sound work practices, procedure adherence and leading by example.
* Ensure proper Lock/Tag/Try procedures and all work permits are utilized for safe maintenance operations.
* Support the operation by safely performing and supervising proactive, preventative, and corrective maintenance.
* Prioritize maintenance tasks to eliminate excessive down time.
* Work with SAP to process notifications and enter work orders.
* Perform analysis on equipment breakdowns.
* Create purchase orders for external labor needs.
* Coordinate and communicate with vendors for equipment and facility maintenance.
* Plan and supervise the maintenance staff in daily and weekly PM completions.
* Troubleshoot equipment failures following safe work procedures.
* Perform coaching of employees for recognition, reward, or constructive correction.
* Provide back-up maintenance support to maintenance technicians.
* Travel is less than 5% (i.e. visits to other Hydro plants for training), except for the period ahead of the start-up where external training will be required.
Care, Courage, & Collaboration
At Hydro We care about our People!
We care about Safety!
Hydro is heading in a new and exciting direction, and we depend on different perspectives to solve our tasks and meet customer needs. Building on our three core values - Care, Courage and Collaboration - we target a high performing and sustainable work environment based on inclusion of our differences.
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
Posted on: Nov 29, 2022
MI, US, 49031
Business Area: Hydro Aluminium Metal(ALME)
Legal Entity: Hydro Aluminium Metals USA, LLC
Job Type: Permanent
Nearest Major Market: South Bend