Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (Systems Analysis/ Applications Software)
Department of The Treasury
Information Technology Specialist Job in Muncie, IN
WHAT IS THE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
Criminal Investigation Tech Operations and Investment Services
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
* Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
* Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
* Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
* Give advice, counsel or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
* Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit and recommend appointment, promotion or reassignment to such positions.
* Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
* Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
* Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
* Initiate ways to improve production, work processes and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
Conditions of Employment
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
* Subject to a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
* Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a non-bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Day Shift Start and Stop times between 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
* Relocation expenses - no
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
* Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
* Drug test with negative result is required prior to appointment and subject to random drug testing
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
FRONT LINE MANAGER BASIC REQUIREMENTS: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the pay band or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
* Experience with management techniques, methods, theories, principles and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight;
* Experience applying regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled;
* Experience applying basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources);
* Experience applying communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR IR-04: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate: Experience with management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight; Experience applying regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled; Experience applying basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources); Experience applying communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers. Experience with criminal investigation techniques, methods, theories, principles, and analytical processes to effectively and diplomatically interact and meet with the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens" or Status applicants.
Go to Understanding the IRS Paybands for GS/IR conversion. For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position will be conditional on obtaining and maintaining a High Risk Security Clearance.
Though many locations may be listed, you will be limited to a maximum of 5 location choices. Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.