Shift- Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 3:30 pm (Until job is complete)
This position is eligible to receive $1000.00 Sign-on Bonus!
Healthcare Benefits available on Day ONE! That’s health, dental, vision, and more!
401K match! Employees are paid weekly.
· Drive a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 GVW, to transport and deliver goods or materials in packaged form.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drive trucks with capacities up to 40 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, in order to transport and deliver products or other materials. Follow appropriate safety procedures when transporting goods.
· Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order. Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations. Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
· Couple and uncouple trailers by changing trailer positions, connecting or disconnecting air and electrical lines, and manipulating fifth-wheel locks. Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew as needed; check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned. Crank trailer landing gear up and down to safely secure vehicles.
· Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate. Read bills of lading to determine assignment details. Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes. Read and interpret maps in order to determine vehicle routes. Obtain receipts or signatures when loads are delivered when required.
· Inventory and inspect goods to be moved, in order to determine quantities and conditions. Load and unload trucks, or help others with loading and unloading; operating pallet jacks, forklift, stand up rack lifts or using other equipment as necessary.
· Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage. Remove any debris from trailers after loading is completed.
· Utilizes down time to assist with loading delivery trucks, trailers and customer pick-ups; as well as cleaning the warehouse.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Practice personal safety and follow all safety practices and procedures. Comply with all policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to management.
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2 years or more of experience driving experience and valid Class A CDL, automatic and manual tractor experience needed.
· Requires knowledge of federal, state and local transportation laws and regulations.
Jobs from similar companies you might want to view.
Zippia gives an in-depth look into the details of Sealed Air, including salaries, political affiliations, employee data, and more, in order to inform job seekers about Sealed Air. The employee data is based on information from people who have self-reported their past or current employments at Sealed Air. The data on this page is also based on data sources collected from public and open data sources on the Internet and other locations, as well as proprietary data we licensed from other companies. Sources of data may include, but are not limited to, the BLS, company filings, estimates based on those filings, H1B filings, and other public and private datasets. While we have made attempts to ensure that the information displayed are correct, Zippia is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of this information. None of the information on this page has been provided or approved by Sealed Air. The data presented on this page does not represent the view of Sealed Air and its employees or that of Zippia.
Sealed Air may also be known as or be related to Sealed Air, Sealed Air Corp, Sealed Air Corp. and Sealed Air Corporation.