Store Manager #503 - Burkes Laughlin
Store Manager Job in Laughlin, NV
Nearly a century after opening our doors, Beall's Inc. continues to serve our communities with the spirit of pride and appreciation first shown by Robert M. Beall back in 1915. In 1987, with the start of the Outlet business in retail, his son E.R.Beall decided to open the first Beall's Outlet in Florida. The concept was a hit and the Outlet division has been growing ever since. Currently within the Beall's Inc. portfolio, there are over 450 Outlet stores and 70 Department Stores that cover 13 states, with sales over a billion dollars annually. The Outlet division conducts business under two different names, Beall's Outlet within Florida, Georgia and Arizona and Burke's Outlet for all other locations.
Who Are We?
We are a convenient and welcoming store where everyone can find the styles and brands they want all at lower prices. We are continually offering fresh assortments of fashion apparel, shoes, accessories and homes goods, making shopping for the family easy, affordable and rewarding.
We are the shopping solution for the entire family. More Brands! Big Savings!
We are a customer-centric, family focused organization with a relentless desire to deliver exceptional value.
We want to thrill our customers with an ever changing offering of the latest brands and fashions, in a bright and casual shopping environment, while delivering friendly and consistent customer service.
Strategic Business Planning/Operations
* Evaluate all reports daily to create store action plans to drive key performance indicators (KPI's) and advance results around talent, operations, merchandising, financial and customer aspects of the business.
* Demonstrates operational agility based on the needs of the business and is able to develop clear objectives to meet company goals.
* Set clear goals and expectations for associates and holds them accountable for their responsibilities and objectives.
* Develop daily, weekly and monthly action plans. Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines, hold team accountable and follow up on all activities within the store in order to meet Company standards.
* Knowledgeable in current policy, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the stores within the district and the organization.
* Personally model a positive customer experience, ensuring the customer always takes priority.
* Collaborate with Loss Prevention partner to champion shrink reduction programs and respond favorably to all shrink and safety opportunities. Establish a high level of shrink awareness to ensure all Beall's assets are protected.
* Execution of all company specific programs, reports and processes, policies and procedures.
* Communicates effectively by being clear and concise in both oral and written communication in order to ensure effective operations.
* Holds self and team accountable to high performance standards in order to meet customer and company expectations
* Recruit, network, attract, hire and "on board" a diverse range of talented personnel.
* Actively manage succession planning with consistent attention to identifying, training and developing candidates. Maintains a fully staffed store through building bench strength.
* Directly influence talent development through effective coaching and counsel.
* Assess talent appropriately to develop a strong succession plan to support the strategy of the business.
* Conduct annual performance and pay rate reviews.
* Lead the training of all store personnel by using the materials provided by the Company.
* Utilize Company provided tools to manage all aspects of payroll management and scheduling.
* Develop, build and maintain ongoing, collaborative working relationships among peers.
* Ensure that all corporate Merchandising and Marketing programs to drive sales and profits are executed within store.
* Assesses store layout and individual inventory levels to merchandise in the most effective manner.
* Assesses and escalates any inventory level discrepancies to Supervisor.
* Ensures the proper handling of merchandise functions within the store
* Upholds a culture that builds exceptional internal and external customer experiences.
* Maintains high customer readiness standards and delivers a neat, clean and easy to shop store environment.
* Builds customer loyalty through coaching and motivating store team to solicit our One Card and OCCC Program.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training staff; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees including termination, addressing complaints and problems within the store. Supervise all store employees.
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required; college degree preferred.
* 2-4 yrs. minimum of management experience preferred.
* Knowledge of company standard software, systems and procedures.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Skills in coaching, teaching, training, organizing, planning work assignments and delegating duties.
* Microsoft Office computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Must possess a valid driver's license and reliable transportation for travel to bank, stores, meetings, etc.
* Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include days, mid- shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
* This position requires a 40 hour workweek and during peak times may require more hours. Overtime hours to complete all job responsibilities must be approved by your supervisor in advance.
* Relocation within company when required and possibly on short notice.