Career and Technical Education (CTE) Teacher - Construction
Pinon Unified School District
Career And Technology Education Teacher Job in Pinon, AZ
To develop, plan, prepare, implement, monitor, and evaluate a quality competency based CTE (Career Technology Education) Program leading to the development of student skills sufficient to qualify for entry-level employment and/or post-secondary education using effective instruction with all students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of the subject matter; center instruction on high expectations for student achievement and demonstrate effective teaching practices.
2. Demonstrates and uses innovative technology in the classroom to enhance CTE curriculum standards and assessments.
3. Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior, and upholds district-wide discipline policies.
4. Creates a positive and nurturing class environment that is developmentally appropriate and conducive to learning.
5. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupils progress and interpret the school program.
6. Plan a program of study that is aligned with the Arizona State standards and meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
7. Use multiple student data elements for the purpose of assessing student progress, modifying instruction, and improving student learning.
8. Plan, organize, and teach a competency-based CTE program course.
9. Develops, implements, and maintains a Career & Technical Student Organization (CTSO).
10. Manage and advise a Career & Technical Student Organization and incorporate Career & Technical Student Organization leadership activities into the program curriculum.
11. Develop and maintain CTE and CTSO program budgets in accordance with district and building guidelines.
12. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct CTE program records required by law, district policy, and administration.
13. Develops lesson plans and organizes class time so that preparation, instruction, shop/lab work, and clean-up activities can be accomplished with the allotted time.
14. Prepares assigned classes, shows written evidence of preparation at the request of the supervisor.
15. Prepares students for success on State assessments and CTE program credentials.
16. Develop community and industry partnerships for students to acquire work-based learning.
17. Establishes and maintains a local program advisory council.
18. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
19. Demonstrates effective classroom and lab management.
20. Order supplies, instructional materials, and equipment necessary for the program curriculum.
21. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
22. Attend and participate in PLCs, CTE staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Certified according to Arizona State Department of Education requirements.
2. Degree(s) or Industry Certification required in the area of major study.
3. Must have a proven successful employment record.
4. Navajo Nation Background Check
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Training & Development
Employee Assistance Program