What Does A Senior Infrastructure Architect Do At Salesforce.Com, Inc.
* Architect next version of a high demand virtualization engine that emulates complex infrastructure processes with high elastic scalability* Achieve high degree of parallelization in backend processes to reduce cycle times and improve machine throughput* Dexterously own balancing of production features Support, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt* Excited by building reliable, self-healing services with robust error handling* Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple data centers* Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of end-to-end functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops
What Does A Senior Infrastructure Architect Do At General Electric
* In this role, you will:* You will provide team and project leadership, applyingtechnical skills to support a large shared Oracle engineered systemsenvironment* In this technology-focused role, you are expected toleverage your prior knowledge and experience to develop and manage procedures,plans and policies for hardware and operating systems.* You will be responsible to provide evaluation, architecture,integration and tuning skills to implement and support technology stack andcomponents of Oracle engineered systems.* Install, upgrade, configure, tune, and debug the componentsof the Oracle Engineered Systems (Exadata/Exalogic/PCA/ZFS/ZDLRA) technologystack* Participate, share, collaborate and deliver in highperformance infrastructure and database teams to manage infrastructure runninglarge, complex mission critical ERP and data warehouse environments for GE* Plan and execute requirements to stay current on the latestreleases of Oracle Exadata, Exalogic, ZFS, ZDLRA, and PCA* Implement and manage High Availability and Disaster Recoverysolutions to mitigate risks and increase application availability* Identify and lead automation of repetitive processes tominimize errors and maximize delivery of services* Contribute to overall capacity planning and configurationmanagement of the infrastructure landscape* Work with security teams to promptly address securityvulnerability issues protecting ERP applications, database, infrastructure andtechnology stack* Document processes and cross-train team members within bothan onsite and offsite resource model
What Does A Senior Infrastructure Architect Do At Virtual Enterprise Architects
* Assist all phases of enterprise architecture development and implementation* Assist opportunity assessments and proofs-of-concept to assess the value of merging technologies* Collaborate with IT leadership on the development of the IT strategic plan* Assist in developing high level financial and business case models to assess technologies and assist in prioritization of the IT portfolio* Assist in developing strategies, road maps and business systems architectures for IT and the business* Assist in developing technical and modeling standards across IT and the business* Assist in providing functional expertise on projects coordinating and facilitating requirements gathering* Design an entire system configuration including hardware, software, and communications* Develop the Technology Architecture and Service Component Architecture* Propose innovative technologies that are scalable to fulfill future business technology needs of the agency.* Provide architectural views that help communicate the complexity of large systems and facilitate management of extensive, complex environments * Focus on the strategic use of emerging technologies to better manage the enterprise’s information and consistently insert those technologies into the enterprise* Consults on the implementation of technology solutions based on the architecture development.* Develop communication briefings for technical executive leadership on various issues related to technology architecture* Assist in the defining and implementing technology governance standards and activities* Assist in developing Enterprise IT products and services reference model* Assist in developing a Services component Architecture* Assist in developing a catalogue client application services * Assist in the promotion to reuse these products and services across the enterprise* Provide technical guidance and counsel to project teams to ensure alignment to the IT Architecture * Identify new and changing technical skill set requirements
What Does A Senior Infrastructure Architect Do At Jpmorgan Chase
* Translates business requirements into a strategic view that drives technology change* Develops and leads technology proof of concepts and drives successful ones to implementation* Formulates long term strategies for infrastructure technology and analyzes long term impacts* Communicates leading industry practices by doing research, giving presentations and working with engineering teams* Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, enhance capabilities, reduce risks and improve security* Own one or more strategic architectural initiatives, working with cross functional infrastructure teams to define requirements, develop standard architectures and build a roadmap* Ensure that all technology directions create a positive customer experience.* Enforce architectural standards by leading and mentoring other members of the team and reviewing their work.* Documenting standards and best practices for use across the firm, providing training tools and oversight.* Soft skills/attributes required for this role:* Highly Experienced Infrastructure Architect* Worked in a large complex organization* Experience working closely with Senior AD architects and other Architects across the firm* Comfortable working and influencing across many infrastructure domains* Thought leader in main technical domain – ready to be or already a JPMC Distinguished Engineer * Credible and mature personality, with some presence* Strong enough to hold your peers accountable in other groups/towers (in a constructive way).* Concise communicator - able to translate detail into a concise story, getting immediately to the punch line* Self-starter, motivated - wants to get in, roll sleeves up and make a difference* Effective influencing skills, with groups not directly working for you* Wants to be a change agent, make improvements.* Thrives on change
What Does A Senior Infrastructure Architect Do At Planned Systems International, Inc.
* Apply IT infrastructure architecture concepts to assist WMATA teams responsible for developing infrastructure requirements in specific functional areas.* Coordinate work to prevent overlap and ensurealignment with WMATA Enterprise Architecture Framework, IT strategy, strategic drivers and standards.* Apply gap analysis techniques to define the nature and extent of IT infrastructure scope changes and communicate business case to decision makers.* Prepare as-is and to-be IT infrastructure components including schematics to describe datacenters, networks, redundancy, failover, disaster recovery, storage, messaging, monitoring and other IT infrastructure components.* Work with data and infrastructure architects and software program managers to ensure integrity of IT infrastructure systems and plans with overall Enterprise Architecture.* Guide the work of technical systems/data analysts and documentation specialists.* Recommend and support rationale for standards in the IT infrastructure arena.* Provide conceptual and logical data modeling for project pipeline and working together with LOB modeling teams to deliver data designs that work across the consumer lines of business.* This role may do both the hands-on modeling and also work with other modelers.* Ensure all teams are implementing functionality with the same logical blueprint and these blueprints make it into the master logical model.* Assist with the definition, documentation, and communication of architecture and modeling standards, best practices, and guiding principles for Enterprise IT.* Set expectations with the line of business (LOB) on what they need to do to enable IT architecture management goals.* Maintain and enhance the high level / conceptual business information architectural models or business object model that will be used as the framework by which data management assets and functions are organized and measured.* Conduct and participate in ARB and DRB design reviews for all IT data projects and materially contribute to the IT EA infrastructure and goals.* Assist with identifying C-level data assets, their systems of record, and building roadmaps to improve the quality, availability, usability, and other characteristics of the data.* Contribute significantly to the design of enterprise metadata attributes, collection and management processes, and publication to an enterprise metadata repository.* Represent data architecture for IT and be a leader and advocate for what is important in the data space when faced with typical time and budget constraints from others.* Facilitate the mapping and auditability of information assets as they flow from upstream legacy, package, or custom development and interfaces to downstream analytical applications, thus ensuring optimal transparency, quality, consistency and controlled redundancy across the enterprise.* Facilitate the definition of integrative and canonical views of data or information across multiple content types (structured, semi-structured, XML or unstructured) to support convergence of information asset migration planning or impact analysis.* Design the architecture of Information Systems in accordance with the WMATA's strategy and agreed solutions and practices.* Participate in the IS Strategic Plan and associated architecture process.* Carry out studies that allow appropriate choices for transversal solutions.* Develop guidance for securely integrating new systems into the company's IS landscape.* Assess the impact of new solutions on existing or planned architectures.* Managing risks related to IT and information assets.* Lead or participate in strategic studies.* Participate in defining the approach for the evolution and integration of the different business and technological components of Enterprise Information Systems.* Monitor trends and new technologies in order to identify opportunities for WMATA.* Foster innovation to create business value.* Promote value of the enterprise architecture.* Coach and support teams on Enterprise Architecture practices and EA tool usage.* Assess and communicate to the stakeholders a meaningful and usable architecture for their area of responsibility.* Lead EA Governance & processes.* Identify organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support the architecture roadmap.* Monitor and continuously improve EA maturity level (KPI definition, measurement and report).* EA Framework and tools (TOGAF,FEA* COBIT ETC).* Implement and maintain the WMATAs EA framework and repository with the associated governance process* Manage standards (identification,promotion, implementation & monitoring).* Identify, document and share the main components of enterprise IS architecture and the inter-component relationships