Background: Systems Integration, Inc. has a need for a Team of highly skilled and specialized engineers to perform an analysis of several hundred servers and the hosted software to validate standards and documentation requirements were followed. Many of the servers are in various states of a Life Cycle Replacement (LCR) that began two to three years ago which has resulted in many servers in production being at End of Life. Servers and appliances are connected to Storage Area Networks and Tape Storage units using fiber channel networks. A large portion of the servers are built into an Oracle Virtual Environment which requires a specific skill set to perform the detail analysis.
Scope: The Team will perform an in depth analysis requiring reverse engineering of each server and its hosted software to document their operational condition, functionality, and compliance with current customer, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and higher authority requirements. The Team will then provide recommendations for ways to move forward and assist in the development of additional Technical Analysis and Cost Estimate (TACE) documents that will upon acceptance by the customer be used to replace End of Life server devices, upgrade server devices and replacement, or upgrading of software applications. The Team will be expected to identify operating systems, hardware and applications that require upgrades or replacement to stabilize the services for the customer.
Unique/Additional Requirements Desired Skills: Additionally, the Team will be required to perform analysis on the following infrastructure that supports the server devices as reflected in the following areas. Candidates are expected to have a high degree of experience in the following areas:
• Attached and networked storage: EMC Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Accessible Storage (NAS), and Tape Storage Networks
• Fiber channel networks
• Virtual Server Management Environments: VMWare VSphere, Oracle Virtual Manager, Red Hat
• Data Bases: Oracle Database 9i, 10g, 11i, Microsoft SQL
• Hardware: Oracle, Sun, Dell, HP
• Backup Software: Tivoli Storage Manager
Business Objects Cisco ACS Device Backups Edge en Portal E911
eRFC Remedy 6.3 InfoVista IPSLA LDAP
Network Security Manager Security Compliance Tracker IBM Tivoli Netcool Secure Global Desktop OpNet
RSA Secure ID Schnozz Sniffer NTP Odin Swiss
Syslog NG Visionael Projectwise Crystal Reports
Server Devices: Solaris 9, 10, 11, Linux 4, 5, 6, FreeBSD, Windows 3, 8, RHEL5, 6, OVM Server 3
Device Configurations: Mirrored, Active/Passive,
Degree/Certification: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, and work experience. 8 - 10 years of directly related experience relative to the position sought for this requisition, such as in system analysis and administration, information assurance, SAN technology management, database administration, active directory, Oracle/SQL Virtual Environments, VMWare support and administration. Certifications: DOD 8570.1-M IAT-II, CCNA, Security+, current and specific certifications relative to the position sought, i.e. Solaris, Linux, Windows, Red Hat, Oracle, Oracle OVM, etc.
Unique/Additional Requirements Desired Experience:
-ITIL V3 Foundation
Required Skills, Experience, and Education :
• Experience on managing PostgreSQL Server with Linux/Unix platform is a plus.
• 1-2 years minimum experience in managing AWS cloud database platforms.
• 3-5 years minimum experience in database operations support with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Experience with the installation, development, maintenance and enhancement of MS SQL and PostgreSQL RDBMS to support Agile development teams and mission critical production systems.
• Create SQL scripts for data conversion, reports, data analysis and data patch.
• Shell scripting and job automation experience
• Clear communication with interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience with SQL scripting (creating and implementing)
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• MS SQL server, ETL and OLAP technology knowledge and practice
• Knowledge and experience on AWS services, such as RDS, Aurora, EC2, etc.
• Database tasks implementation experience in an Agile development environment
• Experience with Data Conversion Strategy
• NoSQL database technology and practice
• Database modelling experience
• Leadership skills with team-oriented style
• Ability to communicate effectively, work well with the team, and exercise sound judgement.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you an expert SQL DBA who is looking for your next career move? This role will be leading the DBA team in the digital transformation from an on-premise environment to the cloud. As a key member of the data warehouse team, you will be solving problems and partnering with the data architects and other teams to ensure system performance is solid.
SQL DBA role oversees all the databases and database servers in production and test environments to make sure they are constantly running on optimum performance, they are secure and failures are addressed. This role would also act as a gate keeper to our production environments under lead DBA's supervision. In addition to this, this role takes ownership of all DBA related tasks and distributes those tasks accordingly to other DBAs based on their capabilities.
Note: This is a remote work
Powered by JazzHR
Based on recent jobs postings on Zippia, the average salary in the U.S. for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator is $109,053 per year or $52 per hour. The highest paying Senior Oracle Database Administrator jobs have a salary over $142,000 per year while the lowest paying Senior Oracle Database Administrator jobs pay $83,000 per year
A senior database administrator is in charge of maintaining and managing a database, ensuring its efficiency and security. Their responsibilities revolve around monitoring the performance of databases, identifying any problems or inconsistencies, performing corrective measures, and devising security measures to keep data safe from any cyber-attacks. They are also responsible for responding to any inquiries or concerns, resolving them promptly. Furthermore, as a senior in the field, it is essential to lead and encourage the junior administrators, all while implementing the company's policies and regulations.
A lead database administrator or DBA serves as a primary technologist in an organization or company. Lead database administrators are technical experts in terms of database and middleware technology design, tuning, configuration, troubleshooting, and building. They use specialized software for data storage and organization. Their role may also include database migration, troubleshooting, performance monitoring, and data recovery. Among the necessary skills for this job include problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, and communication.
A database administration manager is primarily in charge of overseeing an organization's database operations and maintenance, ensuring they function efficiently according to company standards. As a database administration manager, they are responsible for developing strategies to optimize processes and functions, setting priorities and guidelines, managing budgets and timelines, supervising staff, and solving issues when any arise. They also participate in creating data protection and recovery plans, installing security software, establishing protocols, and conducting regular assessments. Moreover, they empower staff to reach goals and implement company policies and regulations.
Lead technicians are technicians who oversee the technical needs of a specific project or department. They are usually tenured employees, and their familiarity with the company's technical and technological processes, software, and hardware would be a great advantage in succeeding in their role. Lead technicians are responsible for installing, updating, and maintaining various software and hardware components in the office. They often manage a group of technicians, and they ensure that the group they manage is properly trained and well-versed on the processes of the company. Lead technicians are expected to have strong analytical skills and decision-making skills.