- Deploy requested configuration changes on distributed and mainframe platforms in a timely and accurate manor.
- Diagnose SNA gateway problems and coordinate with mainframe administrators to resolve communication problems.
- Deploy requested configuration changes on both distributed and mainframe platforms.
- Implemented and customized supporting mainframe software.
- Provided primary support for the installation, maintenance and problem resolution of customer mainframe, mini and micro-computers.
- Centralized all mainframe / mid-range hardware and software records for administration of maintenance and support.
- Coordinated and developed a front-end interface to the mainframe OLA system using Visual Basic.
- Customized and maintained a Configuration Management tool (ChangeMan) on IBM mainframe software.
- Acted as liaison between Mainframe user personnel and IST non-Mainframe employees.
- Helped install and test IBM CICS Release 5.2 on mainframe.
- Modified PC scripts to connect to mainframe for CARS.
- Defined and supported IBM mainframe VTAM and NCP network.
- Developed a file transfer utility that downloaded selected files from a mainframe and converted the data into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Provided training, assistance and advice to non-Mainframe personnel regarding JCL, Proc and other Mainframe matters.
- Developed processes to allow the decommissioning of various types mainframe software (XCOM, Painter/VM).