One of the best ways to acquire the skills needed to be a service worker is to take an online course. We've identified some online courses from Udemy and Coursera that will help you advance in your career. Since service workers benefit from having skills like customer service, cleanliness, and patients, we found courses that will help you improve these skills.
Service Worker Skills For Your Resume And Career
Research Summary. Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a service worker. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of service worker resumes they appeared on. For example, 20.4% of service worker resumes contained customer service as a skill. Let's find out what skills a service worker actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
- The most common hard skill for a service worker is customer service. 20.4% service workers have this skill on their resume.
- The second most common hard skill for a service worker is cleanliness appearing on 10.3% of resumes. The third most common is patients on 7.2% of resumes.
- Three common soft skills for a service worker are compassion, time-management skills and communication skills.
Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a service worker. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of service worker resumes they appeared on. For example, 20.4% of service worker resumes contained customer service as a skill. Let's find out what skills a service worker actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
15 Essential Service Worker Skills For Your Resume And Career
1. Customer Service
- Demonstrated continuous effort to improve operations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Provide excellent customer service by speaking clearly and identifying and resolving problems to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Collaborated with cafeteria staff to coordinate meals and created an environment of exceptional customer service.
- Provided excellent customer service, implementing suggestive sales educated customers on product and service offerings.
- Provided excellent customer service regarding any general inquiries or complaints that customers had.
- Provide pertinent information (i.e., nutrition, cleanliness and household safety/activities) to elderly/child disabled consumers.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Assist persons with disabilities regarding nutrition, cleanliness, household activities and medications.
- Maintain cleanliness of nutrition services facilities.
- Maintained cleanliness in academic buildings.
- Recognized risk factors quickly, collaborated with interdisciplinary team, nurtured positive relationships with patients through consistency and modeling healthy boundaries.
- Participated in client education and discharge planning; completed required documentation for discharge/transferring patients to other facilities or home.
- Prepare Medicare discharge letters for patients according to State/Federal Laws, Utilization nurses and Doctor Recommendations.
- Communicate with patients on a daily basis to get basic identification information and general conversation.
- Conduct disposition/placement of psychiatric/substance abuse patients in both the emergency room and medical floor settings.
And if you’re looking for a job, here are the five top employers hiring now:
- Practiced motivational interviewing techniques to assist individuals in identifying personal hurdles in order to set goals and work towards rehabilitation.
- Escorted clients to rehabilitation units for application of rehabilitative therapy techniques under the direction and supervision of therapist.
- Advocated and assisted in providing care for 5-12 residents receiving differing levels of rehabilitation services.
- Performed admissions assessments and discharge planning for both long-term care and short-term rehabilitation residents.
- Referred clients to community partners or services such as counseling or vocational rehabilitation
5. Excellent Interpersonal
- Position requires excellent interpersonal communication and multidisciplinary team participation.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and counseling skills.
- Exhibited excellent interpersonal skills with employees, supervisors, and customers.
6. Crisis Intervention
- Provide crisis intervention counseling to children and families to assist them in understanding and assuming responsibility to increase child safety.
- Conduct educational and life skills group counseling sessions-Documents all programmatic activities-Assist with crisis intervention-Perform administrative duties-Assist Juvenile Detention Counselor
- Participated in crisis intervention and provided support as required, including providing intervention to prevent disruption of services.
- Provide on-call crisis intervention and assessment services in medical emergency room settings on a rotation basis.
- Provided intense crisis intervention, case management and follow-up services to individuals and families.
Choose From 10+ Customizable Service Worker Resume templates
Zippia allows you to choose from different easy-to-use Service Worker templates, and provides you with expert advice. Using the templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your Service Worker resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
7. Food Preparation
- Follow safety guideline and procedure guidelines related to food preparation and service, equipment maintenance and waste disposal.
- Executed various tasks relating to food preparation, customer interaction and transactions, serving food, and cleaning and stocking.
- Worked at eateries on campus, making sandwiches, coffee, maintaining clean food preparation areas, and miscellaneous work
- Performed various dining services such as washing dishes, serving food, cleaning dining rooms, and food preparation.
- Provide in home services to a disabled individual including: House cleaning, food preparation, supportive companionship.
8. Direct Care
- Provided direct care and support to developmentally disabled community members in their development of basic living and social skills.
- Provided direct care and assistance with daily living skills to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Provide direct care to adults with developmental disabilities in a residential setting.
- Handle confidential records and provide direct care services to people with intellectual disabilities
- Provided programmatic direct care services available to individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Service Worker Jobs
10. Home Health
- Provide empathetic home health care to the elderly and disabled (obtain vital signs, dispense medications, etc.).
- Interview home health care providers to ensure they are meeting the client's needs and rendering the services reported.
- Assisted Home health business based clients with illnesses and doctor appointments, daily activities, health and wellness.
- Determine provider services (home health agency) and level and frequency of services for individual clients.
- Assist residents and families with Hospice, Home Health explanation and referrals.
11. Medication Administration
- Administer medication per doctor's orders and per DDS medication administration guidelines.
- Keep accurate record of medication administration for multiple clients.
- Documented medication administration records according to doctor's prescription.
- Teach self-medication administration guided by DMR regulations.
- Assist clients with medication administration.
12. Work Ethic
- Received multiple golden stars commending exceptional work ethic.
- Maintain good work ethic to up-hold the common interest of performance and completing the job to the finish.
- Experienced customer service worker, bringing nothing but hard work and dedication with exceptional work ethic.
- Job assignments varied one from to another and a hard work ethic implemented in each assignment.
- Commended by supervisory staff for service excellence, patient file accuracy, and strong work ethic.
- Provided health and safety interventions through the administration of medications, First Aid, CPR, Crisis and behavioral Interventions.
- Provide CPR, First Aid as needed, monitor vital signs & obtain specimen.
- Certified in MANDT, CPR, First Aid and Medication Certification.
- Trained yearly on Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) and CPR.
- Respond to code calls and administering CPR.
14. Developmental Disabilities
- Provided direct behavioral therapy to individuals ages 16 to 21 with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Job responsibilities included, Providing daily living skill assistance and training to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Assisted individuals with developmental disabilities with daily living activities and maintained a safe environment.
- Educated clients by providing a personalized curriculum to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Supervised and assisted 1-2 consumers with developmental disabilities in daily living skills.
15. Intellectual Disabilities
- Worked in residential home to expand social and recreational activities for individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Helped provide supports to individuals with intellectual disabilities with their activities of daily living.
- Provide residential service for individuals with physical, mental, and intellectual disabilities.
- Direct support professionals work with people who have developmental or intellectual disabilities.
- Assist individuals with intellectual disabilities in everyday living
- Customer Service, 20.4%
- Cleanliness, 10.3%
- Patients, 7.2%
- Rehabilitation, 7.0%
- Excellent Interpersonal, 5.8%
- Crisis Intervention, 4.9%
- Food Preparation, 4.8%
- Other Skills, 39.6%
skills are in demand
Jobs With Trending Skills
Service Worker Jobs You Might Like
- High Paying Service Worker Jobs - $40K and Up
- Work From Home Service Worker Jobs
- Entry Level Service Worker Jobs
- Part Time Service Worker Jobs
- Actively Hiring
- No Degree Service Worker Jobs
List Of Skills To Add To Your Service Worker Resume
According to recent trends, the most relevant service worker Resume Keywords for your resume are:
- Customer Service
- Excellent Interpersonal
- Crisis Intervention
- Food Preparation
- Direct Care
- Social Work
- Home Health
- Medication Administration
- Work Ethic
- Developmental Disabilities
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Ongoing Support
- Mental Health
- Child Abuse
- Social Services
- Community Resources
- Patient Care
- Financial Assistance
- Substance Abuse
- Patient Rooms
- Law Enforcement
- Court Reports
- State Regulations
- Protective Services
- Commercial Cleaning
- Computer System
- Incident Reports
- Independent Living
- Provide Emotional Support
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Vital Signs
- Care Facility
- Community Agencies
Real Examples Of Service Worker Resumes That Use These Skills
Build a professional service worker resume in minutes. Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume. Then choose from 12+ resume templates to create your service worker resume.
2015 - Present
Labor ReadyColumbus, OH
Food Service Worker
2014 - 2015
Taco BellColumbus, OH
Mental Health Worker
2012 - 2014
Diamond HealthcareCollege Park, MD
Master's Degree Psychology
2011 - 2012
University of Maryland - College ParkCollege Park, MD
Bachelor's Degree Business
2008 - 2011
Strayer UniversityWashington, DC
Due DiligenceCPRFinancial StatementsIncomeMental HealthContact InformationDirect SupervisionMenu ItemsCommunity Development DepartmentStatistical Data
2019 - Present
Merck & Co.
Health Service Worker
2015 - 2019
Merck & Co.
2012 - 2014
Health Management Systems
Master's Degree English
2014 - 2015
Pennsylvania State University
Bachelor's Degree Education
2009 - 2012
Kent State University
Service Worker2018 - Present
ACE Cash Express•Irving, TX
Service Assistant2015 - 2018
ACE Cash Express•Irving, TX
Development Assistant2010 - 2015
American Heart Association•Irvine, CA
ProceduresBusiness DevelopmentInternetPatient RoomsGeneral InformationPatient CareIndividual NeedsTanfChild AbuseSales Floor
Associate's Degree Business2008 - 2010
California State University - San Bernardino•San Bernardino, CA
Most Important Service Worker Skills According To Experts
What Type Of Skills Will Young Case Workers Need?
Dr. Jessica Burke
Associate Professor of Sociology, Francis Marion University
Here are the skills I think graduates will need in the coming years: Technological skills and communication skills. The ability to work via the Internet and using video conferencing software will be very important, and along with this very important skill, graduates will need to be able to construct a professionally written e-mail and have really good verbal communication skills. Finally, being able to manage one's time will be extremely important, especially for those who are working from home to ensure deadlines are met, etc.
What Skills Stand Out On Social Worker Resumes?
Sam Terrazas Ph.D.
Professor and Academic Chair Department of Social Work, The University of Texas Permian Basin
Social work is a profession rooted in professional ethics and requires a wide range of skills that vary depending upon the role a social worker holds in an organization. In general, social work skills that stand out on a resume are skills gained through specialized training and certifications, skills in culturally responsive practice, proficiency in languages, and skills in assessment and evaluation.
Ready To Start Your Service Worker Resume?
Choose Your Current Work Experience To Start Creating Your Resume
Online Courses For Service Workers
1. Social Policy for Social Services & Health Practitioners
In the U.S., social policy accounts for two-thirds of government spending. Knowing how policies are constructed, what values underlie them, and how they succeed or fail makes everyone more effective at work or in their civic role. This specialization includes an HONORS track in which learners will complete a professional social policy analysis.\n\nTeachers, health care workers, police, and social workers interact with policy daily, but all of us should care about the impact and effectiveness of...See More on Coursera
2. Customer Service Fundamentals
There are a growing number of exciting, well-paying jobs in today’s tech industry that do not require a traditional college degree, an one of the hottest areas with high demand is in IT customer service and support. Customer Service is a perfect entry point to start your career in IT, with a multitude of job openings ranging from onsite or remote help desk work to customer care or client support. We can help you get there with the Customer Service Fundamentals course. We will help you to build...See More on Coursera
3.  Customer Service 2.0: Learn Digital Customer Service
Used by Chase, Intel, & more! Learn soft skills, social media customer service, diagnosing user problems, & more...See More on Udemy
4. Customer Service Mastery: Delight Every Customer
Master Customer Service using this practical customer care course...See More on Udemy
5. Start Improving Customer Service
Creating a Customer Service advantage in Your department or business through communication and Customer Management...See More on Udemy
6. Customer Service Success: Take Your Skills to the Next Level
3-in-1 Customer Service Training: Levels 1, 2, 3 Improve Your Soft Communication Skills, Customer Support & Experience...See More on Udemy
7. Customer Service & Support For Customer Service Executives
Learn Customer Service Skills & Provide Excellent Customer Support, Customer Experience & How To Manage Upset Customers...See More on Udemy
8. Customer Service, Customer Support, And Customer Experience
Customer service, customer support, and customer experience training. Loyal clients through world-class customer service...See More on Udemy
9. SAP Customer Service (CS/SM) - Service Management module
Real World SAP CS and SD, Repair Orders, Service Orders, Service Contracts...See More on Udemy
10. Addiction & Mental Health - Chemically Speaking Two (2hrs)
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions - Understand Drug & Alcohol Addiction & Mental Health. How to help people...See More on Udemy
11. Customer Service
How to Approach New Customers and Maintain Existing Ones...See More on Udemy
12. The Customer: Build a Customer Service Strategy (BITE SIZE)
For you and your team to be successful in providing great customer service, start by putting your customer first...See More on Udemy
13. Outstanding Customer Service - The Ultimate Guide!
Unlocking the Powerful Secrets of OUTSTANDING Customer Service - Transform Your Business!...See More on Udemy
14. Customer Service Training Keys To Satisfy Your Customers
An introduction to customer service and its importance in any business...See More on Udemy
15. Fundamentals of Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Learn Logistics, Supply Chain and Customer Service. 3 Courses in 1...See More on Udemy
16. Customer Service: Keep 'em coming back!
How to give the best customer service in your industry and keep those customers raving about your business...See More on Udemy
17. Your Customer Service Toolbox: Best Practices for Beginners
Excel as a front-line customer service agent using problem-solving & relationship-building skills, etiquette, and more...See More on Udemy
18. Fun food safety and sanitation course
The food safety course will help prepare you for safely working in a kitchen and food handler tests like Servesafe...See More on Udemy
19. Addiction & Mental Health (Dual Diagnosis) Integrative 12hrs
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Interventions: Drug & Alcohol Addiction & Mental Health - Integrative Holistic Approach...See More on Udemy
20. Strengthening Community Health Worker Programs
Despite medical and technological advances, half of the world’s population lacks access to essential health services, and over 8.9 million preventable deaths occur every year. There is an acute global shortage of health workers, a gap that will grow to 18 million by 2030. Studies show that training high-performing community health workers can help close these gaps and save more than 3 million lives annually. In the past few decades, many community health worker programs across the world have...See More on edX
Ready To Build Your Resume?
Ready To Build Your Resume?
9. Social Work