Operator Job in Marshfield, MO
Performs a variety of machining operations on pre-torque and eye-letter machines and other production machines located throughout the factory.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL - sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA - gender identity), (In CA - gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
1. Performs a variety of machining operations on the eyelet and pre-torque to produce a variety of no-hub clamps.
2. Responsible for loading and unloading parts from machines and work stations.
3. Responsible for visual checking of finished parts for specified quality and quantity as standards require, before transfer to other work areas.
4. May use measuring instruments or gauges to insure specified quality and standards are maintained.
5. Responsible for assembly of components and placing completed product into shipping box for delivery to warehouse.
6. Keeps work area safe, clean and orderly at all times.
7. Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
Education: Requires some knowledge of machine operations. Four years of High School or the equivalent is preferred.
Experience: Manufacturing experience is preferred.
Initiative and Ingenuity: Requires the ability to plan and perform a sequence of operations, where standards or recognized operational methods are available and the making of general decisions as to quality and tolerance of operations.
Physical Demand: Sustained physical effort required to assist with light to average weight materials. Short cycle work requiring continuous activity and stress.
Mental or Visual Demand: Continuous mental or visual attention. Usually short cycle repetitive work requiring alertness.
Responsibility for Safety of Others Operation of machine or performance of duties may cause lost time/accident to others, such as crushed toes/feet, fingers/hands or eyes injuries.
Responsibility for Work of Others. Responsible for own work only.
Working Conditions: Typical machine shop working conditions. May be dirty or greasy, noise level requires ear plugs and safety glasses.