Distribution Journeyman Lineman - Shaver Lake
Shaver Lake, CA
Shape your future. Create a Better Tomorrow.
At Southern California Edison, we're modernizing the electric grid to support California's transition to a cleaner and sustainable future. We have a bold mission to create a cleaner, healthier, more prosperous California. Achieving that dream takes a diverse team of skilled trade and craft specialists. Safety is our top priority and is key in everything we do. That's why we need Distribution Journeyman Lineman who have a pioneering spirit. SCE is a place where you can grow personally and professionally while enriching the quality of life for almost every resident and business in Southern California. We're industry leaders and professionals passionate about high performance for our customers and each other.
As a Distribution Journeyman Lineman, you will be in the Distribution organization that's responsible for installing, removing, maintaining, and repairing overhead and underground distribution and communication systems.
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
* Installs, removes, maintains, and repairs overhead and underground distribution and communication systems.
* Installs and removes equipment such as poles, cross arms, towers, enclosures, ducts and piping and electrical or other apparatus such as transformers, switches, capacitors, pot heads, protective devices, cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic cooling or insulating equipment, emergency gear and automatic reclosers.
* Installs, removes, splices, bonds, terminates, and tests conductor and cable, except paper insulated lead cable.
* Connects, tests, adjusts, repairs, and maintains electrical equipment and apparatus.
* Using precautionary procedures, necessary tools, and safety equipment to work on or near energized lines or equipment.
* Operating test equipment such as amp, volt or ohm meters, phasing and cable test sets, fault
$94k-117k yearly est.