Shop Mechanic Job in Shawnee, OK
Performs maintenance, repair and refurbishment of gas compression equipment at a make-ready shop. Acts as a technical resource for more complex issues in assigned area.
- Maintains a safe and well-organized work environment.
- Perform Major Maintenance (MM) and Overhauls alone or as part of a team.
- Completes and submits required documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Reports to lead issues and findings on the units as well as daily progress against goals.
Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees shall be in compliance with the Archrock Health Safety and Environmental Policy and local, statutory and/or regulatory requirements at all times.
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform all essential duties.
- Demonstrate advanced diagnostic and repair skills on multiple types of equipment.
- Show track record of performing Preventative Maintenance (PM) with no guidance.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) to standard with no help.
- Lead a team performing Major Maintenance (MM), Overhaul and projects to standard with limited to no assistance.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Read, write and speak English and /or fully understand daily work instructions (work orders, manuals, etc).
- Use computer skills, including vendor specific programs, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Model all health, safety and environmental procedures.
- Complete and submit company required documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Thorough knowledge of gas engines and compressors, electrical systems, panel boards, skid wiring, etc., through advanced training or performance verification.
- Knowledge of new technologies.
- Working knowledge of relevant HSE procedures and regulations.
- Fully understands all processes and systems on how a compressor works.
Minimum Education and Certification:
- Preferred - High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred - Gas or diesel engine and compressor school / training.
- Typically at least 5 years' experience with natural gas engines and compressors.
- Demonstrated history of successful and safe service experience.
- Expected to serve as a resource to others for mentoring, knowledge transfer, training and checking work.
- May occasionally lead a crew.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Must be fit for duty for the job tasks being performed.
- Refer to WorkSaver Systems Critical Demands for full details.
- Must meet the medical requirements necessary to wear PPE required by role.
- Constantly required to stand, display good manual dexterity and to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to walk with good balance.
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds and to push and pull up to 110 pounds.
- Occasionally required to stoop, twist, kneel, and squat.
- Occasionally required to crawl, climb in and around equipment, stairs and slanted ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Resolves majority of the troubleshooting issues with no help.
- Provides solutions to a diverse scope and range of complex engine and compressor problems where analysis of information requires evaluation, new approaches, planning and resourcefulness.
- Expected to regularly identify opportunities and to provide ideas, methods and innovations to enhance teamwork, individual development, efficiency and quality.
- Actions and decisions impact operational, and financial results on assigned equipment.
- Typically resolves problematic units in a timely manner.
- Enhanced skills will most likely result in fewer scheduled delays or decreased costs.
- Accountable for HSE, service quality, and customer satisfaction.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.