Patient Access Nurse - Licensed Practical Nurse - Total Family Health Care
Samaritan Memorial Hospital
Licensed Practical Nurse Job in Macon, MO
Nurse will take phone calls, triage patient
symptoms/concerns and generate message to provider as necessary The
nurse also communicates provider orders and care instructions to
patients on a regular basis and performs prior authorizations for
patient medications. In the event that clinical information is required
for precertification for testing, triage nurse will also assume that
duty from the patient care coordinator. In the event of nurse absence,
nurse will room and takes vitals on patients as well as assists with
various patient care duties and procedures while working closely with
the providers of the clinic.
**General purpose:**Manage telephone calls from patients for triage,
recommendation or message referral to provider, call patient with
results and other nursing duties as assigned.
Completion of an accredited Nursing program, Medical Assistant Program,
or equivalent experience.
- Nursing experience in a clinic setting is preferred but not
- Must maintain current State of Missouri Nursing license
- Must maintain current BCLS.
- Must attend in-services and staff meetings.
- Answer telephone calls from patients.
- Triage patient symptoms and offer advice, when appropriate, in
accordance with clinic guidelines.
- Take messages on patient phone calls, when necessary, and assign
- Assist the Physician and/or Nurse Practitioner with patient
procedures, when necessary.
- Ability to present patient educational material in understandable
- Maintain an appropriate level of medical supplies. Rooms are to be
checked daily for adequate supplies.
- Work closely with other nursing staff.
- Maintain data required by the Vaccines for Children Program.
- Keep log sheets of drug samples on the premises, monitoring the date
received, date of distribution, patient name, number given, lot
number, and expiration date along with initials of person sampling.
- Assist in reviewing stocked medications and sample medications for
outdates on a monthly basis.
- Maintain a good public image of the Clinic when dealing with
patients and visitors.
- Other nursing duties as assigned.
**Essential skills and experience:**
- Must have the ability to type and use appropriate office equipment.
- Must be able to use a personal computer for scheduling and
retrieving of patient information.