Inpatient Pharmacy Technician - Toledo Hospital - Full Time - Afternoons
Pharmacist Technician Job in Lake, MI
The Registered Nurse provides nursing care to individuals and groups which require specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill derived from the principles of biological, physical, behavioral, social, spiritual/cultural, and nursing sciences. The Registered Nurse functions within the full scope of nursing practice as noted by the Board of Nursing of their designated state for which they are practicing in addition to compliance with any of the hospitals accrediting bodies.
Who is the ideal Promedica employee? We're looking for people to join our team who are motivated by making an impact and doing meaningful work.
Additional success profiles:
Detail oriented, Flexible, Helpful, Patient, Responsible, Sincere, Understanding
Retirement & Savings Plan
Innovative Training Programs
Tuition AssistanceCareer Stability
Comprehensive Health Coverage
Sign On Bonus $2500
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. Pharmacy technicians work only under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. Actively participates in the creation of an environment that fosters patient, family, physician and employee satisfaction.
1. Under the direction of a registered pharmacist, procures and distributes medication orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
2. Fills physician orders. Replenish medication surgical kits, automated dispensing machines, and stock requisitions accurately.
3. Prepares intravenous admixtures and other sterile preparations (including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition where applicable) safely and accurately using appropriate techniques. Only Pharmacy Technicians who have completed all required competencies will prepare intravenous admixtures
4. Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing medications and supplies in appropriate locations; Repackages bulk medications in unit-dose packages safely and accurately per established procedures using appropriate techniques
5. Assists in completing all medication inspections and identifies and removes all outdated and unusable medications.
6. Collaborates with other health care professionals in meeting departmental goals. Establishes and maintains mechanisms for communication and constructive problem solving with staff. Utilizes a team approach in decision-making and problem solving. Build trust and mutual respects.
7. Performs training of new employees and in-services current employees in areas of specialization and/or expertise.
8. Is routinely responsible for special assignments in the area of continuous quality improvement and other projects as assigned by a supervisor.
9. Provides proper notification for absence or tardiness.
10. Maintains professional, helpful and courteous relationships with nursing and other hospital employees, patients, and their families.
11. Performs all duties and responsibilities in an ethical and responsible manner.
12. Supports the department in providing a vision for its direction and embraces the change process to achieve the vision.
13. Fosters the culture of patient safety by using the error prevention techniques.
14. Coaches and facilitates the growth and development of employees within the department.
15. Communicates effectively orally and in writing within department as well as to all external customers.
16. Strives for continuous improvement by focusing on key department systems.
17. Participates in creating an environment for success through team participation.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of Experience:
OHIO: Certified Pharmacy Technician registration (with PTCB or ExCPT certification) or Pharmacy Intern License with Ohio Board of Pharmacy. If already certified, may be hired with a Technician Trainee License (expires 1 year from receipt) or Registered Pharmacy Technician with restrictions in duties and expectation of Ohio Certified License being obtained.
MICHIGAN: Licensed Pharmacy Technician (with PTCB or ExCPT certification) or Pharmacy Intern License with Michigan Board of Pharmacy. If already certified , may be hired with a Temporary Pharmacy Technician License (expires 1 year from receipt) with expectation of Michigan Pharmacy Technician license being obtained.
is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace