Operations Manager - Wheatland
1. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and ability to speak effectively to members and employees.
2. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
3. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
5. Ability to perform advanced input/output functions on the credit union computer systems that relate to account and general ledger postings.
6. Must be able to travel to attend training classes and work at other branches as business needs dictate.
7. Must participate in activities as assigned by Regional Vice President to achieve branch sales goals. Includes telemarketing, in-branch promotions, cross-selling and up-selling.
8. Must meet or exceed individual assigned goals.
9. Must be able to perform the following functions:
a. Continuous sitting and/or standing for up to 8 hours per day.
b. Reach across teller station counter to comfortably count out/hand cash to members
c. Intermittent bending, squatting and walking.
d. Lifting up to 25 pounds.
10. Must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
11. Must at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Supervises, coordinates, and schedules activities of branch employees. Monitors work for adherence to established policies, procedures and regulatory compliance. Anticipates the need to take action and adjusts accordingly to provide a consistent level of outstanding member service. As staffing levels dictate, Branch Operations Managers will perform all operational and platform duties, including accepting and processing loan applications, compiling loan packages, opening new accounts, and handling member transactions, inquiries and complaints. Operations Managers must actively engage all staff in meeting assigned goals and must ensure all branch staff adheres to the Sales Audit Program. Operations Managers are required to achieve a Sales Audit rating of "Meets Standards" or better. The Operations Manager is responsible to ensure their branch consistently meets or exceeds the assigned production goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the overall operational integrity of the branch. Obtain level of knowledge and understanding of procedures/processes to supervise and coach others in all areas of branch operations.
2. Administer an ongoing cross-training process to provide back up for all branch functions.
3. Work within the assigned FTE allowance, develop schedules to adequately meet member service demands.
4. Directly supervise all branch employees, with input and oversight from the Branch Vice President. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
5. Ensure that platform staff is trained in teller and back office duties and provide assistance in these areas as member service needs dictate. Assist and track branch employees' progress through branch career path program.
6. Assist subordinates in locating and reconciling posting errors. Maintain records to verify posting and balancing accuracy.
6. Research and resolve member inquiries and/or complaints in a timely manner.
7. Responsible for daily processing and balancing of all negotiable items and machines; such as checks received, checks issued, cash drawers, and ATM machines.
8. Perform all regular operational and platform duties as needed to ensure members receive quality member service at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, members' transactions normally conducted at a teller window, accepting and processing all types of loan applications, compiling loan packages, opening new accounts, and handling member transactions, inquiries and complaints.
9. Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
10. Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
11. Document and maintain on-going performance records. Provide ongoing performance feedback; including annual evaluations, recognition of positive performance, coaching sessions and disciplinary action as applicable.
12. Promote and maintain a positive and productive work environment. Resolve grievances promptly.
13. Responsible for branch cash limit adherence and maintaining branch cash supply to adequately meet member service demands. Assign cash and transaction limits for branch staff and monitor for adherence.
14. Provide on-going training to all branch employees in required practices and procedures, including hold-up and robbery, regulatory compliance (i.e. Regulation CC) and credit union philosophy.
15. Must actively participate in the branch sales effort, meeting or exceeding individual sales goals.
16. Must ensure that all inter-action with members and co-workers is polite, professional and respectful at all times.
17. Must be able to travel to other locations on short notice to fill-in where needed or as staffing needs dictate.
18. Must maintain current knowledge in all previously completed training classes and courses and must attend all new training as developed and implemented.
19. Successful completion of all required training courses during the 180 day Training Period.
20. Additional duties as assigned.
I understand that during the course of my employment with Sierra Central Credit Union I will be required to take and pass online BSA training courses. I understand that it is my responsibility to adhere to all BSA Regulations and Requirements at all times. I understand that failing to adhere and comply with BSA could result in the termination of my employment at Sierra Central Credit Union, fines, and/or criminal charges being filed against me personally.
The preceding list of primary functions and duties does not include all tasks and responsibilities that may be required with this position. Additional tasks may be assigned as department or operational needs require.