Cook Job in Union Point, GA
We are a COVID-19 vaccinated workforce. New Associates must provide proof of vaccination prior to hire date.
Join us at
Greene Point Health & Rehab
- a place where you'll be valued, recognized and rewarded for the vital work you do each day. We'll surround you with a strong team and leadership that supports every aspect of your life - both inside and outside of our centers. And you'll get to practice your passion in a non-profit, mission-driven organization that's known for the highest level of care in our communities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepares various foods depending on menu created by dieticians for each meal of the day.
* Operates various kitchen equipment in preparation for the meal, e.g., mixer, meat slicer, food processor, oven, steamer.
* Cleans work surfaces following shift: sweeps floors, wipes down counter space, covers and stores unused foods.
* Creates meals that are appropriate for the elderly and in large quantities. Associate is required to use institutional-sized cookware.
* Works at a constant pace to ensure that food is ready for each meal of the day.
* Complies with infection control policies in work area.
* Keeps equipment clean at all times.
* May be required to fill in gaps in kitchen help.
* Reports any needed repairs to maintenance department.
* Reads and understands menus.
* Prepares meals in accordance with the menu and follow standardized recipes.
* Assists in the food service line to provide that diets are served as ordered (including specialized diets, likes and dislikes, therapeutic diets etc.)
* Monitors/serves meals with appropriate portion controls (scoops, ladles, etc.).
* Assists in processing diet changes and new diets.
* Provides that meals are prepared and served on time.
* Provides that substitutes are available for those who refuse foods served.
* Properly scrapes and washes dishes, pots, and pans.
* Records freezer and walk-in refrigerator temperatures in accordance with established procedures.
* Checks stock as needed.
* Puts up stock in appropriate manner
* Stores cleaning materials appropriately.
* Sets up tray line and performs tray line service.
* Returns trays to kitchen if requested.
* Understands diet orders.
* Follows NPO diet orders.
* Processes diet orders.
* Understands menu substitutions and records them in accordance with procedural guidelines.
* Properly stores leftovers/opened food.
* Makes coffee/tea as requested.
* Follows procedures for serving associate meals.
* Follows proper procedures for cleaning kitchen equipment such as, carts, tables, counters, ice machine, buckets, blender, mixer, meat slicer, freezer, refrigerator, stove, oven, steamer, garbage disposal, dish machine coffee/tea maker, steam table etc.
* Uses appropriate serving equipment (ladle, spoons, scoops etc).
* Checks and records water temperature (dishwasher, pot and pan sink etc).
* Checks dishwasher with sanitizer strips.
* Checks chemical levels and replaces if needed.
* Follows proper operating procedures of the steamer.
* Promotes the image and reputation of the System by exhibiting servant leadership and providing direct and open lines of communication.
* Contributes to the work of committees, workgroups, project management, and other collaborative efforts of the System.
* Performs other duties as necessary to ensure the success of the System.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Communicates well with other associates, patients, family members, and visitors providing warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude.
* Responds to expressed concerns while displaying a helpful, caring demeanor, answers questions when appropriate in a professional manner.
A high school diploma or its equivalent preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER APPLICATION SKILLS
This job requires proficiency with the following computer applications:
Microsoft Outlook Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please see minimum qualifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to walk. Use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
EEO / M / F / D / V / Drug Free Workplace
Greene Point Facebook