Material Handler/Shipping & Receiving
Thinkpath Engineering Services
Material Handler Job in Imperial, PA
Thinkpath Engineering Services
is looking for a
Shipping & Receiving/Material Handler
to work a long-term position in
· Under limited supervision, performs a variety of shipping and receiving activities involving incoming and outgoing shipments.
· Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Inputs all shipment information into ERP computer system.
· Compares identifying information and counts, weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
· Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates. Makes carrier arrangements when necessary.
· Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
· Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
· Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers and protective padding.
· Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
· Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items/goods, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
· Participates in physical inventories and inventory reconciliation exercises to meet overall inventory accuracy goals
· High school diploma or GED. Prior production and inventory control experience helpful.
· Experience in shipping and receiving, inventory, warehouse and/or material handling
· Forklift certification or Crane certification is a plus
· Familiarity with ERP systems a plus
· Ability to learn and follow defined departmental policies, procedures and practices.
· Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Must be able to interact and communicate with internal customers. Internal customers may include production, engineers, and management personnel.
Ability to prioritize workload and shift work activities in order to meet business needs and department goals, essential.
Company DescriptionThinkpath Engineering Services, LLC (TES) has been a global leader in Engineering and Design Services since 1977. Headquartered in Miamisburg, OH, TES has additional offices in Columbus, IN; Tampa, FL; and Toronto, ON.
TES provides the following engineering services:
• Engineering Design and Drafting Services: Conceptual design, analysis, layout, form/fit and function analysis, drafting (including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing), Technical Data Packages (TDP) development as well as reverse engineering services
• CAD Services: Includes parametric modeling, detailing, incorporation of ECNs into existing designs, BOM development, and conversion services between various CAD packages.
• Technical Documentation: TES technical documentation team has the ability to author documents, incorporate engineering changes into existing documents, create illustrations and produce animations.
• Contract and Direct Placement: Technical placement of engineers, designers, drafters, as well as additional technical professionals in various industries.