1938 The Name Game After World War II, Joseph T. Melczer, Jr. and James Walsh joined the firm that became known as Snell, Wilmer, Walsh and Melczer.
1960 Adapting to Growth
The year 1972 found Snell & Wilmer at an important juncture in its development.
In 1973, the firm moved from the Security Building to the newly constructed Valley Bank Center (now the Chase Building). As the decade closed, the then nascent national legal press reported storm clouds on the economic horizon for lawyers.
In 1983, John J. Bouma became Chairman, succeeding Mr.
In 1988, the Tucson office was established.
Within months, negotiations with Tucson's largest and oldest law firm, Bilby & Shoenhair, led to a combination of the two firms, completed and celebrated at the firm's spring retreat in May 1989.
The firm expanded its Nevada practice by opening a Reno location in early 2010.
Bouma cited those among his most noteworthy legal efforts in a 2014 interview with Of Counsel, a legal publication.
In March, 2015, Matthew P. Feeney became Chairman, succeeding John Bouma.
|Company Name||Founded Date||Revenue||Employee Size||Job Openings|
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld1945
Latham & Watkins1934
Morrison & Foerster1883
McDermott Will & Emery1934
Kirkland & Ellis1909
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher1890