Warehouse Associate- Driver
Warehouse Associate/Driver Job in Huntsville, AL
Operates company vehicles to deliver product in a safe and timely manner. Performs a variety of warehouse tasks efficiently, safely and accurately to ensure customer service excellence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Delivers specified product to various locations in a safe and efficient manner
· Coordinates with management safe and efficient delivery route
· At the time of delivery, verifies with the customer the correct product was delivered in a satisfactory condition
· Performs loading and unloading of truck, as needed
· Maintains all required certifications required by DOT, OSHA and company safety programs
· Ensures all required paperwork, including but not limited to shipping papers and Hazmat paperwork, is accurately completed and within possession
· Performs pre and post truck inspections
· Maintains truck maintenance records
· Notifies management of any safety issues with company vehicles
· Verify, receive and put away incoming stock
· Pull, pack, stage and ship outgoing orders and transfers
· Assist customers with orders, as needed
· Assist customers in processing returns of warranty items and stock items
· Operate handheld scanners to receive, move and track inventory in and out of the facility
· Assist management with inventory accuracy, including cycle count and physical inventory
· Maintain cleanliness of warehouse and common areas to ensure an orderly and safe work environment
·Participate in after hours training classes
In addition to possessing the skills necessary to perform these duties and responsibilities, the employee must be willing and able to demonstrate these skills through regular and reliable physical attendance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; lay on the floor; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee may work in environments as cold as 20 degrees or as hot as 105 degrees. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
All the physical demands and tasks described in these Job Duties and Responsibilities are the essential functions of this job. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship or direct theat.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Commercial Driving License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement, as needed
· 1 year driving delivery truck
· 1 year forklift and warehouse experience
· 1 year customer service experience, preferred
· Proficient in computer and inventory systems, preferred
· Must be 21 years of age
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Possess a satisfactory driving record as determined by Company Driver Policies
· Qualify for and remain insurable under Company liability insurance policy
· Qualify under federal and state regulations to drive the vehicle in question
This job description is not an exhausted list of all functions that employee may be required to perform, and employee may be required to perform additional functions. Company reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. Employment is at-will.
Mingledorff’s, together with its partner companies, promotes a drug-free, alcohol-free workplace. Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Mingledorff’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Attention Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please let us know. Likewise, if you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application and need an alternative method for applying, we will determine an alternate way for you to apply. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-446-6311 for assistance with an accommodation.
This Job Description is not a contract and job functions are subject to change at company’s discretion with or without notice to the incumbent of the position.
Company DescriptionMingledorff’s was founded in 1939 and has since become a highly regarded and leading distributor of HVAC equipment. We have grown to over 40 locations throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and South Carolina. We have excellent benefits, a great work-life balance, and wonderful company culture.