Supervisor I, II VNPCC Optometry
Supervisor Job in Wasilla, AK
Customer Care and Relationships:
1. Creates, develops and nurtures culturally appropriate interactions and connections with each other, customer-owners, and the community.
2. Develops and maintains successful working relationships with customers, their families, colleagues, and others.
3. Ensures exceptional customer service:
* Ensures compliance with established customer service standards.
* Promotes a customer-driven approach to service delivery that is culturally appropriate and based on customer input and feedback.
4. Maintains quality, safety, and infection control standards.
Communications and Teamwork:
1. Shares and receives information, opinions, concerns and feedback in a supportive manner.
2. Works collaboratively by building bridges and creating rapport with team members within departments and across the organization.
3. Supervises the day-to-day performance of the group employees assigned:
* Oversees the delivery of service for the function supervised.
* Coordinates the activities and functions for all employees assigned.
* Organizes the work of those supervised in an effective manner.
* Manages the schedule of those supervised.
* Ensures adequate staffing.
* Complies with all applicable regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
* Monitors and takes appropriate actions for follow-up for dashboard and other performance measures.
* Monitors effectively workload and productivity of all employees assigned.
* Manages the timely completion of all work assignments and the work of those supervised.
4. Ensures effective communication:
* Communicates changes in policy, procedures, regulations, and standards with all employees assigned.
* Coordinates communication methods to keep employees up-to-date on what is happening throughout SCF and within the department.
* Builds effective interpersonal relationships.
* Uses effective oral and written communication skills.
* Completes all required reporting and documentation processes timely and accurately.
* Manages teams effectively.
* Participates on committees and work groups as assigned.
* Resolves complaints and conflicts timely and appropriately according to standards and established guidelines.
5. Coordinates the management of human resource functions working closely with a Manager:
* Coordinates any recognition or corrective action for employees assigned.
* Establishes, monitors, and provides feedback for employee standards for all employees assigned.
* Performs annual evaluations for all employees assigned.
* Motivates and encourages all employees assigned.
* Creates a positive and engaging work environment for those supervised.
* Interviews, selects, and orients new employees to the work area.
* Promotes Alaska Native hire and retention.
6. Manages financial processes timely and effectively:
* Completes all financial processes timely and accurately.
* Monitors the expenditures of those supervised.
7. Effective written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
8. Works in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
9. Supervises the day-to-day performance of the group employees assigned.
10. Ensures effective communication.
11. Supports the management of human resource functions.
12. Manages financial processes timely and effectively.
Improvement and Innovation:
1. Makes meaningful improvement to services, program, and processes and/or organizational effectiveness that creates new value for customer-owners and employees.
2. Ensures that annual plan action plans are implemented and measured and that improvement plans are effective:
* Develops and implements work plan using the annual planning tool.
* Uses improvement tools, methods, and principals in the day-to-day work of those supervised.
3. Uses the strategic planning and decision-making processes.
4. Works in a rapidly changing and innovative health care system.
5. Applies the SCF operational principles and methods of improvement.
6. Ensures annual plan action plans are implemented and measured and improvement plans are effective.
Workforce Development Skills and Abilities:
1. Seeks out additional learning opportunities to continue to develop the technical and professional skills needed now and in the future.
2. Takes responsibility for all work activities and personal actions by following through on commitments.
3. Applies knowledge of the Privacy Act of 1974 and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) to ensure the privacy of individuals is protected to the fullest.
4. Coordinates the development, education, and training of employees assigned:
* Provides on the job training, mentoring, and development for all supervised.
5. Efficiently and effectively manages multiple responsibilities.
6. Uses computers and appropriate software.
7. Effectively and efficiently makes decisions.
8. Performs job with minimal supervision.
9. Meets production and attendance standards.
10. Compliance with all applicable laws, policies, procedures, bylaws, regulatory requirements, and best practice guidelines regarding Privacy of Health Care Information, Corporate and Health Care Compliance.
SCF programs are established to serve a primary population comprised of Alaska Native people who are affiliated with Cook Inlet Region, Inc. (CIRI) and Alaska Native and American Indian people within SCF's geographical service area. Employees should have a thorough understanding of the cultures and the needs of this population. Such knowledge is critical to ensure the achievement of SCF's vision of a Native Community that enjoys physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellness, and mission of working together with the Native Community to achieve wellness through health and related services:
1. High School diploma; OR GED.
2. Bachelor's degree; OR two (2) years of experience working in a position similar to those supervised including applicable certifications; OR demonstrated proficiency working at SCF in a position similar to those supervised.
Additional Qualifications for Supervisor II:
1. Two (2) years of demonstrated experience at the Supervisor I level; OR demonstrated proficiency as a Supervisor I at SCF.
$56k-63k yearly est.