Project Engineer Job in Trenton, MO
Nestlé Professional is committed to providing the finest ingredients, operational knowledge, and uncompromised support to foodservice operations across the US. Our team of culinary experts and skilled product developers partner closely with foodservice professionals to generate creative, branded food and beverage solutions that address a wide variety of needs. As a business serving other businesses, we're focused on performing with speed, service, and precision to cook up delicious ideas for our clients both small and large. Satisfy your appetite for an exciting career at Nestlé Professional.
Manage a cross-functional team whose objective is to oversee the capital investments relating to the company's fixed assets This could involve the relocation and optimizing of the existing fixed asset base and/or the purchase of new fixed assets. It may extend from the initial conceptual studies through to project closeout.
• Propose and implement work processes, procedures in compliance with Nestlé Engineering Excellence (NEE) master document.
• Coordinate and manage resources, both personnel (e.g. other project engineers, technicians, contractors etc.) and funding, to ensure the project or mission fulfills and meets the set objectives defined within the approved scope. Obtain senior management or TEC approvals for any deviations outside the approved scope as outlined in the Capital Investment Guidelines.
• Propose and control the project costs in accordance with the Capital Investment Guidelines.
• Ensure that all projects are properly managed according to best practices and per Nestle Guidelines, such as NAS, NIMT and NP 1.1-07 (PROCUREMENT OF ASSETS & ENGINEERING SERVICES).
• Propose and monitor the project in accordance with the key performance indicators.
• Demonstrate and encourage the integration of the corporate values into the project culture. This includes the "Nestlé Corporate Business principles" and "Nestlé Management and Leadership Principles" and "Investment and Innovations Early Management Principles".
The functional responsibilities for a manager, are outlined within the NEE master document. The main responsibilities being to:
• Ensure that one exhibits and implements an attitude of zero tolerance for unsafe situations and never implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises will be tolerated.
• Ensure that the highest principles of ethical conduct on behalf of the community, consumer, company, and the engineering profession are adhered to and that all dealings are maintained within a competitive and fair environment and above reproach.
• Support and encourage clear and open communication between the team members and related stakeholders, e.g. site, division and market management, project steering committee, Zone Technical, PTC, CO- Engineering, CT-Packaging and the SBU.
• Encourage all team members to direct their efforts towards a "low cost, highly efficient" operation which meets the business needs. To take the lead in driving Nestlé Good Hygienic Engineering (NGHE), in the design and execution of the project, and ensure the implementation meets Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safety standards.
• Ensure that engineering is respecting the requirements of the Nestle Quality System (NQS) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), OSHA, and other requirements.
• Encourage continuous improvement, networking and sharing information within engineering such that it becomes a key pillar of the engineering culture.
• Ensure that the procedures for protecting Nestlé's technological and proprietary know-how are in place, are rigorously managed, and respected
• Ensure that the requirements of the client are maintained at all times in accordance with the business needs.
Specific responsibilities relating to the conceptual study phase (feasibility & approval):
• Ensure that all projects are sustainable and designed for the long term, resulting in a positive impact on the company ROIC.
• Thoroughly challenge the supporting documentation even if it is provided by other functions.
• Prepare the project for approval in accordance with the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
Specific responsibilities relating to the design phase:
• Ensure that all assets are well designed (i.e. plant layout, equipment selection etc.) and fit the business purpose through applying new technologies, proven principles, thorough design reviews and basic science.
• Support or manage all official Value Engineering Analysis (VEA) studies, and a VEA approach is taken to challenge the design in order to find optimal solutions.
• Ensure that the design is directed towards a low cost, highly efficient and flexible operation keeping total cost of operation in mind when selecting equipment and suppliers, while at the same time looking for the latest in proven technology to advance Nestlé's competitive advantage.
• Check the validity of all mandatory safety, environment, energy, line efficiency and performance reports in respect to engineering. Be proactive in investigating any issues relating to non-compliance, major breakdowns and non-conformance with key performance indicators.
• Ensure the correct SME (Subject Matter Experts) are involved in all 30%, 60%. 90% design reviews.
Specific responsibilities relating to the implementation phase:
• Ensure safe work sites at all times and installations that are easy to operate, clean and maintain as well as guaranteeing after commissioning the safe, consistent manufacture/distribution of quality products.
• Ensure that when working with external engineering services, contractors, suppliers etc. that the scope, deliverables, performance and milestones are clearly detailed and agreed up front.
• Utilize basic project management tools (MS Project, SAP-PS, AMM, FMEA, What-if Analysis, etc.) to ensure successful vertical start-ups.
• Ensure that a progress report is prepared for all projects on a monthly basis to include updated EST Estimate To Complete status.
• Ensure compliance with business principles especially when dealing with procuring equipment and services, and management of the ongoing contracts.
Specific responsibilities relating to the start-up/close out phase (commissioning/final report):
• Ensure that the project scope is achieved within the agreed cost and timing.
• Ensure that the operators, mechanics, electricians etc. are effectively trained and that the transfer of the equipment to the client is both smooth and efficient. This includes all the supporting documentation from the OSL team that will be required by the Factory to operate and maintain the plant. e.g. operating instructions, equipment manuals, plant layouts, maintenance instructions, spare parts listing, etc.
• Support the operation of the process or plant until required deliverables are achieved.
• Manage the allocation of all expenditures to clearly defined assets and the entry into the assets register.
• Complete the project file and ensure that it is handed over to the client. Ensure spare parts are properly set up by factory and PM's are implemented for all new/modified equipment.
• Complete a final report on all projects and ensure that this is circulated to the key stakeholders.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Degree/Diploma in Engineering Field. (Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering), or years of experience in lieu of a degree
• Some travel may be required for different projects for Factory acceptance and equipment selection.
• Minimum 1-3+ years of experience in a technical field with a project engineering background.
• Project Management and Process Engineering experience within the food and dairy, cosmetic, pharmaceutical or consumer products industry is a plus.
• Supervisory experience in managing internal and external project team members or equivalent is a plus.
• Experience in facilitating Change in a manufacturing environment.
General and professional skills
• Strong technical, managerial and leadership skills
• Project Engineering/Management
- Plant design & construction
- Equipment and construction purchasing contracts
- Permitting requirements
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements for food safety and equipment, preferred
• Communication, facilitation, and networking
• Understanding of financial analysis and relevant business drivers
• MS Office, MS Project, MS Excel, Basic AutoCAD, Visio
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment . click apply for full job details