One of the best ways to acquire the skills needed to be a squad leader is to take an online course. We've identified some online courses from Udemy and Coursera that will help you advance in your career. Since squad leaders benefit from having skills like combat, weapons systems, and non, we found courses that will help you improve these skills.
Squad Leader Skills For Your Resume And Career
Below we've compiled a list of the most important skills for a squad leader. We ranked the top skills based on the percentage of squad leader resumes they appeared on. For example, 22.4% of squad leader resumes contained combat as a skill. Let's find out what skills a squad leader actually needs in order to be successful in the workplace.
15 Essential Squad Leader Skills For Your Resume And Career
- Awarded Army Commendation Medal with Valor Device for outstanding leadership skills during combat operations in Afghanistan.
- Coordinated and supervised the training and tactical employment of infantry unit preparing for combat operations.
- Prepared and executed combat patrols and force protection operations in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Trained Marines on military regulations and complex combat tactics in both conventional and non-conventional warfare.
- Provided exceptional Combat Lifesaver Certifications to Soldiers from various units in South Korea.
2. Weapons Systems
- Supervised and instructed six personnel in troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of armament weapons systems.
- Participated in infantry and general military training and provided operational tactics and weapons system training.
- Conducted training, implementation, and evaluations on personnel understanding with various weapons systems.
- Helped revised existing training programs with newer technological advanced weapons systems.
- Operated weapons systems and controlled fire/movement in a hostile environment.
- Trained in Leadership and professional development by successfully completing the Non commissioned officer professional development school.
- Supervised and performed analysis and reporting of intercepted foreign communications and non communications at all echelons.
- Collaborated with both officers and fellow non commissioned officers to maintain safety and morale.
- Evaluated other leaders writing their developmental Non Commissioned Officer Reports.
- Maintained security and discipline during non combatant exercises.
And if you’re looking for a job, here are the five top employers hiring now:
4. Professional Development
- Managed a team of 13 Marines in daily operations to promote and facilitate professional development through guided leadership and integrity.
- Trained, developed, counseled and mentored squad members including team leaders resulting in promotions and successful professional development.
- Performed processing of application and documents for soldiers to enter military courses and schools for self- advanced professional development.
- Mentored and maintained accountability of Marines within the platoon, providing positive guidance for their personal and professional development.
- Assist soldiers in achieving and developing personal/professional development and organizational goals and to prepare them for increased responsibility.
5. Technical Guidance
- Provided tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and superiors both in training and under stressful conditions overseas.
- Provided technical guidance on a variety of network equipment and system problems relative to future requirements.
- Assist in developing and implementing individual training and providing technical guidance and support to subordinates.
- Provided technical guidance for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks and troubleshooting procedures.
- Provided mechanics with service scheduled and technical guidance on non-operational vehicles.
- Appointed as facility senior Physical Security NCO.
- Served as a Safety NCO in numerous construction projects, consequently zero safety incidents were reported over 3,000 man hours worked.
- Team Leader/ NCO responsible for Chapters in the Army, Admin portion for Defense Trial Services and the BDE legal.
- Selected over 6 other NCO to be the Platoon Sergeant at the Warrior Transition Battalion for over 2 months.
- Tasked with performing monthly, quarterly, and yearly counseling of soldiers and subordinate NCO's under my command.
Choose From 10+ Customizable Squad Leader Resume templates
Zippia allows you to choose from different easy-to-use Squad Leader templates, and provides you with expert advice. Using the templates, you can rest assured that the structure and format of your Squad Leader resume is top notch. Choose a template with the colors, fonts & text sizes that are appropriate for your industry.
7. Communications Equipment
- Operate and maintain field communications equipment; assessing need for and directing supporting fire; and participating in basic reconnaissance operations.
- Ensured accountability of classified information and communications equipment, while training personnel in their proper implementation.
- Evaluate terrain and recording topographical information while operating and maintaining field communications equipment.
- Maintained accountability and maintenance of vehicles, communications equipment, weapons and gear.
- Operated communications equipment in order to monitor combat operations.
8. Physical Fitness
- Maintained physical fitness and mental resiliency to ensure tactical and technical proficiency and operational readiness for myself and my team.
- Managed training and development, including weapon qualifications, physical fitness testing, and temporary duty preparation.
- Developed and supervised platoon and company physical fitness programs as a Master Fitness Trainer.
- Designed platoon-level physical fitness training that focused on improving cardiovascular and muscular endurance.
- Developed physical fitness and training programs for platoon and company combat preparedness.
9. Law Enforcement
- Job performance required thorough specialized technical knowledge of law enforcement techniques/procedures, laws, electronic communications systems, and weapon systems.
- Reviewed case paper work for accurateness and correctness, and the accountability and condition of law enforcement activity equipment.
- Maintained constant communication with local law enforcement and supported any operations being conducted in our area of operations.
- Conducted day to day operations as both regular Law Enforcement patrol and patrol supervisor on military installations.
- Served honorably as security policeman within the law enforcement arena, combat forces leader, and investigator.
Squad Leader Jobs
10. Security Operations
- Provided leadership for over 180 soldiers ensuring they were fully trained and capable of safely performing their security operations during deployments.
- Planned and executed squad training assisted section leader on the tactical deployment of the section during reconnaissance and security operations.
- Developed qualified leaders who trained and directed teams and sections and trained in core competencies of security operations and awareness.
- Trained 160 foreign military personnel in basic and intermediate security operations in order to improve proficiency and national security.
- Resulted in receiving multiple commendations from Observer Controllers on expertise in leading small units in combat and security operations.
11. Individual Training
- Initiated personnel training and development activities to ensure the fulfillment of training requirements and documented individual training.
- Oversee individual training, maintenance of equipment, personnel management and junior leader development.
- Supervised Company level maintenance Programs and Personnel * Supervised maintenance and Individual training.
- Assist manager in developing and implementing individual training.
- Provided tactical leadership and conducted individual training.
12. Training Programs
- Coordinated and initiated military training programs, provided security for battalion headquarters, and monitored and supervised access of military facilities
- Assisted in coordination and implementation of combat operations, training programs, and administrative and communications procedures.
- Evaluated instructor performances and the effectiveness of training programs, while providing recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinated the implementation of operations, training programs and communications activities during two deployments.
- Researched literature to ensure training programs are aligned with the most current evidence-based practices.
13. Physical Training
- Conducted physical training, offered technical advice on safety issues and provided verbal guidance on all personnel directives and regulations.
- Develop a rigorous physical training regimen focused on combat conditioning integrating functional fitness and Marine Corps Martial Arts Program.
- Attended 40 hour physical training course and effectively implemented into daily platoon physical training regimen.
- Instructed and motivated enlisted personnel in daily physical training exercises.
- Developed rigorous a physical training program for deployment readiness.
14. US Army
- Recognized by name for exceptional performance from the US Army Warrior Transition Command during biennial organizational inspection.
- Conducted static anti-terrorism operations post 9/11 in support of US Army installation security measures.
- Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge: Military Funeral Honors DetailUS Army Military Occupational
- Coached, mentored, and developed 12 subordinates to graduate the US Army Ranger Course the Army's premier leadership school.
- Awarded Commander's coin by the Commanding General, Major General Barbara Fast, the US Army Intelligence School and Center.
- Fostered younger Marines into leadership positions, and promoted open communications between team members to improve relations with foreign communities.
- Provided leadership and guidance to subordinate company Equal Opportunity counselors in proper execution of the complaint process.
- Awarded both a Good Conduct medal and an Army Commendation medal for outstanding leadership during Operations Iraqi/Enduring Freedom
- Recognized by senior leadership for exceptional performance during strenuous operational exercises and ensured 100% passing rate.
- Recognized on numerous occasions for exemplary training and leadership skills as well as exceptional organizational abilities.
- Combat, 22.4%
- Weapons Systems, 12.5%
- Non, 9.4%
- Professional Development, 5.9%
- Technical Guidance, 3.5%
- NCO, 3.2%
- Communications Equipment, 2.7%
- Other Skills, 40.4%
skills are in demand
Jobs With Trending Skills
Squad Leader Jobs You Might Like
- High Paying Squad Leader Jobs - $121K and Up
- Work From Home Squad Leader Jobs
- Entry Level Squad Leader Jobs
- Part Time Squad Leader Jobs
- Actively Hiring
- No Degree Squad Leader Jobs
List Of Skills To Add To Your Squad Leader Resume
According to recent trends, the most relevant squad leader Resume Keywords for your resume are:
- Weapons Systems
- Professional Development
- Technical Guidance
- Communications Equipment
- Physical Fitness
- Law Enforcement
- Security Operations
- Individual Training
- Training Programs
- Physical Training
- US Army
- Training Events
- Tactical Operations
- Disciplinary Actions
- Tactical Employment
- Military Operations
- Logistical Support
- Stressful Situations
- Operational Readiness
- Military Equipment
- Physical Security
- Training Schedules
- Personnel Management
- Tactical Guidance
- Led Training
- High-Pressure Environments
- Defensive Operations
- Explosive Devices
- Mission Planning
- Machine Guns
- Professional Support
- Development Course
- Security Patrols
- Army Service
- Government Equipment
- Organizational Maintenance
Real Examples Of Squad Leader Resumes That Use These Skills
Build a professional squad leader resume in minutes. Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume. Then choose from 12+ resume templates to create your squad leader resume.
Fort Drum, NY
2017 - Present
US ArmyFort Drum, NY
Heavy Equipment Operator
2016 - 2017
United States MarineTwentynine Palms, CA
2015 - 2016
Domino's PizzaSan Antonio, TX
2009 - 2015
US ArmyFort Hood, TX
High School Diploma
2009 - 2009
CDLPersonnel ManagementPayrollCrowd ControlTSAWarfareSecurity BreachesNCOCombatUnarmed Security
2017 - Present
2012 - 2017
2011 - 2012
Fort Hood, TX
2008 - 2011
Fort Hood, TX
Bachelor's Degree Communication
2005 - 2008
Texas State University
San Marcos, TX
Fort Hood, TX
Squad Leader2015 - Present
US Army•Fort Hood, TX
Security Officer2013 - 2015
G4S Secure Solutions•Houston, TX
Police Officer2012 - 2013
City of Roseville•Houston, TX
Military Police Officer2002 - 2012
Alabama National Bancorp•Birmingham, AL
Law EnforcementCrowd ControlFederal LawsPeacekeepingSecurity ServicesBikeSecurity SystemsProperty DamageClient FacilityWeapon Systems
High School Diploma 2002 - 2002
Ready To Start Your Squad Leader Resume?
Choose Your Current Work Experience To Start Creating Your Resume
Online Courses For Squad Leaders
1. Personnel & Third-Party Security
In this course, you will learn all about the process of implementing effective education, training, and awareness programs. You will also study the role personnel security plays in protecting an organization’s assets, intellectual property, and physical assets. You will also be introduced to the steps required for effective Vendor Risk Management (VRM), including: due diligence, contracting, monitoring & accessing, and termination. Throughout the course, you will engage with current case...See More on Coursera
2. Management and Leadership - Modern Leaders Training
Tools and practical skills for the modern leader...See More on Udemy
3. Learn Military Close Combat Training Captain Chris Pizzo
Military Hand-To-Hand Self Defense System Lets You Humiliate Younger, Tougher, BIGGER and More Experienced Attackers...See More on Udemy
4. Advanced Close Combat Training: Scientific Self Defense
How To "Download" the world's deadliest self defense moves directly into your brain...See More on Udemy
5. Security Guard Training Course
Security Officer Training In Today's Job Market...See More on Udemy
6. Leadership Skills Training: Become an Inspiring Leader!
Learn how to improve you leadership skills and to become an inspiring leader!...See More on Udemy
7. Talent Development for Leaders: Develop Your High-Potentials
Become a talent management leader and develop your employees for success!...See More on Udemy
8. Transformational Leadership: Leadership Development Training
Leadership Skills - Discover The Hidden Secrets Of The World's BEST Leaders (Leadership Development & Skills)...See More on Udemy
9. Stored Procedures Unpacked: Learn to Code T-SQL Stored Procs
Learn to develop, code, & implement stored procedures, transactions, & cursors, in your SQL Server database using T-SQL...See More on Udemy
10. Leadership Communication Skills for Influence and Impact
Develop the communication skills that will make you irreplaceable, influential and unstoppable as a 21st century leader...See More on Udemy
11. Leadership: Becoming an Effective and Dynamic Leader
How to become a more effective, dynamic leader while managing teams to get things done...See More on Udemy
12. Advanced C++ Programming Training Course
Take your C++ Programming Training Course Will Take Your Skills To The Next Level...See More on Udemy
13. Personal Development Life Coach Certification1 Training
Personal Development Life Coach Training Course Graduates Prepared Professionals in Personal Development Life Coaching...See More on Udemy
14. Leadership Become a better leader
Learn the different styles of leadership, influence, communication, management, delegation, motivation and feedback...See More on Udemy
15. Becoming a Successful Leader (Inclusive Leadership Training)
What separates a successful leader from a mediocre one? In this course, you will learn what successful 21st-century leaders look like and how you can adopt their inclusive leadership style. Using research and best practices, as well as stories from great leaders and everyday people, you will practice empowerment, accountability, courage, and humility—key leadership skills linked to inclusive, successful teams. Throughout the course, you will meet people like yourself, who want to be the best...See More on edX
16. Strategic Communication for Sustainability Leaders
Effective science communicators are in short supply during a time of unprecedented environmental challenges. As policy-makers, businesses, and communities seek solutions, the need for science communication skills will only grow. In this course, you will not only learn how to identify the tools of science communication, but will be able critique, refine, and develop them. Any leader understands that data is the underpinning of competent decision-making. Complex systems require that data be...See More on edX
17. Leaders of Learning
All of us carry explicit or implicit theories of learning. They manifest themselves in the ways we learn, the ways we teach, and the ways we think about leadership and learning. In Leaders of Learning, you will identify and develop your personal theory of learning, and explore how it fits into the shifting landscape of learning. This isn’t just about schools, it’s about the broader and bigger world of learning. The education sector is undergoing great transformation, and in the coming decades...See More on edX
18. Effective Communication for Today's Leader
Interpersonal communication is one of the most important management skills: everyday we relate with our bosses, collaborators, customers and colleagues. Being a good communicator is synonym to being a good leader. Interpersonal and group communication helps us to create better business environments, and therefore, to have better results...See More on edX
19. Strengthening Community Health Worker Programs
Despite medical and technological advances, half of the world’s population lacks access to essential health services, and over 8.9 million preventable deaths occur every year. There is an acute global shortage of health workers, a gap that will grow to 18 million by 2030. Studies show that training high-performing community health workers can help close these gaps and save more than 3 million lives annually. In the past few decades, many community health worker programs across the world have...See More on edX
20. Becoming an Effective Leader
Strong leadership is regarded as one of the best predictors of organizational success and critical human capital required for career progression in almost every organization. However, leadership is also a highly complex and often misunderstood phenomenon. It‘s hard to define, but we all know good and bad leadership when we see it. This course will equip aspiring leaders with an understanding of what leadership is and how an individual can develop the skills required to become an effective...See More on edX
Ready To Build Your Resume?
Ready To Build Your Resume?