Full Web Press Apprentice
Scribe OpCo Inc. Dba Koozie Group
Press Operator Apprentice Job in Sleepy Eye, MN
$2000 Sign-On Bonus
Under general supervision set up, adjust, and operate a non-heatset UV web press and related near-line finishing equipment to manufacture printed product. Responsible for all finishing processes including collating, cutting, and trimming as part of the calendar, sticky note, and cube production lines.
Essential Job Functions:
· Programs and sets-up the web press and finishing machines and operates both according to Work Instructions and operator manual. Identifies when mechanical problems occur.
· Performs machine set up changeover when the product run changes.
· Performs operator-level maintenance duties on all equipment (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) and maintains documentation of maintenance.
· Interprets and verifies routing instructions, utilizes appropriate tools to assure final product meets specifications and job requirements.
· Accurately reports and records daily production and scrap.
· Achieves make-ready and run times.
· Communicates to Supervisor and/or MFG Facilitator to address any work area concerns.
· Works rotating shifts and overtime as scheduled and/or required to meet business timelines.
· Follows all Safety and Quality protocols and adheres to ISO 9001; 14001, 6S standards and Lean processes.
· Maintains an effective working relationship and communication with fellow employees, including temporary associates, by adhering to Koozie Group policies in all activities and through promoting Koozie Group's Vision and Values and Respect in the Workplace.
· Visually inspects product to complete required quality checks
· Reach, bend, twist, push, pull, grasp and stand for extended periods of time as well as move about the facility as needed for the position.
· Reads a