Supervisory Forestry Technician (SFEOH)
Department of Agriculture
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website.
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
Learn more about this agency
* Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-0462-08 level.
* Makes initial evaluation of fire situation, determines suppression method to use including hose lays, deployment of crew, point of initial attack, type of tools to use, and application of water, and hand line location and standards.
* Serves as initial attack Incident Commander on wildland fires, and wildland urban interface/intermix situations occurring on the unit and identifies and analyzes tactics and strategies.
* Determines suppression method to use including hose lays, deployment of crew, point of initial attack, type of tools to use, and application of water, and hand line location and standards.
* Supervises a group of employees performing work at the GS-04/05 level. Provides administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit.
* Responds to a wide variety of incidents as well as major hazard responses nationally based on reciprocal agreements. Ensures the maintenance of crew fleet equipment by coordinating repairs, making purchase, and scheduling maintenance.
* Development of burn plans, fuels inventory, pre attack planning, brush disposal, back logged fuels preparation and disposal, and NEPA documentation.
* Knowledge and ability to operate complex communication hardware including multi channel two way radios with numerous programmable frequencies and com
$36k-57k yearly est.