Project Manager Job in Austin, TX
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
Oversees all aspects of projects.
Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
May require a bachelor's degree and 4-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Performs a variety of tasks.
Leads and directs the work of others.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
* Manages projects, develops and directs technical project teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process associated with major information technology systems projects that are essential to departmental missions and affect Client operations on a long-term and continuing basis.
* Determines Project goals and priorities with management, program manager and/or project sponsors.
* Supports requirements of the enterprise program manager to provide necessary information and support for successful program delivery.
* Creates all project planning documentation and follows all Client Defined processes.
* Manages and communicates a clear vision of the projects objectives, and motivate the cross functional project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by the entire team.
* Establish and publish clear priorities among project activities. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
* Directs/leads project teams comprised of subject matter experts, technical specialists, and support staff to produce a business plan in accordance with the strategic plan, operating budget, capital planning procedures and agency guidance.
* Prepares, implements, monitors, and updates the project plan. Coordinates with the business owner and upper level management to ensure the actions are consistent with the approved plan.
* Identifies standards or requirements for change management. Participates in change control (for example, reviewing configuration change requests).
* Develops or implements information systems security and entitlement requirements and plans; and ensures appropriate product-related training and documentation are developed and made available to customers.
* *Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with the line of business resource managers.
*Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers in a matrix environment.
*Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables; mentor others in project management practices; review quality of work and manage the integration of team member's work.
Manages the Project Budget with overall budget accountability for up to $4 million per year.
* Collaborates with the finance department and various functional managers to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled; provides overall financial recommendations, and develop controls and measurements to monitor progress.
* Provides Finance with monthly accruals and forecasts by the due date established by Finance using the tools developed by Finance.
*Maintains current statements of work for all contractors; track and approve contractor invoices in a timely manner.
* Provides regular updates to project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of the budget.
* Documents reasons for budget excess or shortfall.
* Manages project budgets for both expense and capital against the original project budget.
* Creates Executive Summaries for all contractor resources required to complete a project.
* This position requires a four-year degree in CIS/MIS or equivalent experience of 2-3 years of related project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment.
Out of the 2-3 years required, at least 1 year in a combination of the following:
* Progressive broad-based Project Management experience (which could include consulting) is desirable; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures.
* Experience as Project Manager, with working knowledge of Systems development lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.