Supply Chain Consultant Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for supply chain consultants in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 18,659 supply chain consultants currently employed in the United States.
- 22.1% of all supply chain consultants are women, while only 73.0% are men.
- The average age of an employed supply chain consultant is 46 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of supply chain consultants is White (70.8%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (11.3%) and Asian (8.1%).
- The majority of supply chain consultants are located in GA, Atlanta and TX, Houston.
- Supply chain consultants are most in-demand in Atlanta, GA.
- Supply chain consultants are paid an average annual salary of $80,202.
- Menlo Park, CA pays an annual average wage of $104,445, the highest in the US.
- Supply chain consultants average starting salary is $61,000.
- In 2021, women earned 94% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid supply chain consultants earn as much as $104,000 or more.
- West Virginia is the best state for supply chain consultants to live.
- Supply chain consultants are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Supply Chain Consultant Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Supply Chain Consultant
Women Earn 94¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Supply Chain Consultant Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the supply chain consultant position over time.
Supply Chain Consultant Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, pipeline superintendent and agronomy research manager have the biggest difference in gender.
|Early Childhood Services Coordinator||11%||86%|
|Community Health Nursing Director||12%||86%|
|Supply Chain Consultant||73%||22%|
|Agronomy Research Manager||94%||4%|
Supply Chain Consultant Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among supply chain consultants is White, which makes up 70.8% of all supply chain consultants. Comparatively, there are 11.3% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 8.1% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 70.8%
- Hispanic or Latino, 11.3%
- Asian, 8.1%
- Black or African American, 7.1%
- Unknown, 2.0%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.7%
Supply Chain Consultant Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among supply chain consultants.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Supply Chain Consultant Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Supply Chain Consultant
We determined the average age of supply chain consultants based on ethnicity and gender.
Supply Chain Consultant Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of supply chain consultant employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of supply chain consultants is 40+ years old, which represents 70% of the population.
Types of Supply Chain Consultant Degree Levels
The most common degree for supply chain consultants is bachelor's degree 71% of supply chain consultants earn that degree. A close second is master's degree with 22% and rounding it off is associate degree with 5%.
- Bachelors, 71%
- Masters, 22%
- Associate, 5%
- Diploma, 1%
- Other Degrees, 1%
Supply Chain Consultant Jobs You Might Like
Supply Chain Consultant Wage Gap By Education
Supply Chain Consultant Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ supply chain consultants. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most supply chain consultants is the technology industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire supply chain consultants.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Supply Chain Consultant Work In
Employees with the supply chain consultant job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most supply chain consultants prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Supply Chain Consultants
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ supply chain consultants. Those industries include technology, manufacturing and health care.
Supply Chain Consultant Turnover And Employment Statistics
Supply Chain Consultant Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of supply chain consultants changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Supply Chain Consultant Stay in a Job
By looking over 2,176 supply chain consultants resumes, we figured out that the average supply chain consultant enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 34%.
Foreign Languages Spoken By Supply Chain Consultants
The most common foreign language among supply chain consultants is Spanish at 31.7%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is French at 10.8% and Mandarin is the third-most popular at 10.1%.
- Spanish, 31.7%
- French, 10.8%
- Mandarin, 10.1%
- Chinese, 7.9%
- German, 7.9%
- Other, 31.6%