Supply Chain Specialist Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for supply chain specialists in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 38,249 supply chain specialists currently employed in the United States.
- 39.8% of all supply chain specialists are women, while only 55.4% are men.
- The average age of an employed supply chain specialist is 46 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of supply chain specialists is White (70.4%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (11.4%) and Asian (8.2%).
- The majority of supply chain specialists are located in TX, Houston and CA, San Diego.
- Supply chain specialists are most in-demand in Redondo Beach, CA.
- Supply chain specialists are paid an average annual salary of $70,087.
- San Bruno, CA pays an annual average wage of $100,125, the highest in the US.
- Supply chain specialists average starting salary is $47,000.
- In 2021, women earned 92% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid supply chain specialists earn as much as $103,000 or more.
- West Virginia is the best state for supply chain specialists to live.
- Supply chain specialists are more likely to work at public companies in comparison to private companies.
Supply Chain Specialist Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Supply Chain Specialist
Women Earn 92¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Supply Chain Specialist Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the supply chain specialist position over time.
Supply Chain Specialist Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, pipeline superintendent and agronomy research manager have the biggest difference in gender.
|Early Childhood Services Coordinator||11%||86%|
|Community Health Nursing Director||12%||86%|
|Supply Chain Specialist||55%||40%|
|Agronomy Research Manager||94%||4%|
Supply Chain Specialist Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among supply chain specialists is White, which makes up 70.4% of all supply chain specialists. Comparatively, there are 11.4% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 8.2% of the Asian ethnicity.
- White, 70.4%
- Hispanic or Latino, 11.4%
- Asian, 8.2%
- Black or African American, 7.2%
- Unknown, 2.1%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.7%
Supply Chain Specialist Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among supply chain specialists.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Supply Chain Specialist Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Supply Chain Specialist
We determined the average age of supply chain specialists based on ethnicity and gender.
Supply Chain Specialist Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of supply chain specialist employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of supply chain specialists is 40+ years old, which represents 70% of the population.
Types of Supply Chain Specialist Degree Levels
The most common degree for supply chain specialists is bachelor's degree 68% of supply chain specialists earn that degree. A close second is associate degree with 15% and rounding it off is master's degree with 11%.
- Bachelors, 68%
- Associate, 15%
- Masters, 11%
- High School Diploma, 4%
- Other Degrees, 2%
Supply Chain Specialist Jobs You Might Like
Supply Chain Specialist Wage Gap By Education
Supply Chain Specialist Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ supply chain specialists. We found that the most common company type is public. In addition, the industry that employs the most supply chain specialists is the manufacturing industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire supply chain specialists.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Supply Chain Specialist Work In
Employees with the supply chain specialist job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most supply chain specialists prefer to work at public companies over private companies.
Top Industries Hiring Supply Chain Specialists
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ supply chain specialists. Those industries include manufacturing, retail and technology.
Supply Chain Specialist Turnover And Employment Statistics
Supply Chain Specialist Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of supply chain specialists changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Supply Chain Specialist Stay in a Job
By looking over 3,492 supply chain specialists resumes, we figured out that the average supply chain specialist enjoys staying at their job for 1-2 years for a percentage of 32%.
Foreign Languages Spoken By Supply Chain Specialists
The most common foreign language among supply chain specialists is Spanish at 36.8%. The second-most popular foreign language spoken is Chinese at 15.8% and Mandarin is the third-most popular at 11.7%.
- Spanish, 36.8%
- Chinese, 15.8%
- Mandarin, 11.7%
- French, 6.4%
- German, 5.3%
- Other, 24.0%