UIC Government Services and The Bowhead Family of Companies
Tracking Code Umiaq Design
Job Code 21-0731
Posting Title Party Chief
Post Date 7/22/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Description The Party Chief will supervise and direct field crew and take lead in the completion of various types of field operations including Topographic / design surveys, GNSS (GPS) surveys, Route location surveys,
Construction staking, and other types of surveys as required by the company.
• Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, theodolites, and electronic distance-measuring equipment.
• Perform calculations to determine earth curvature corrections, atmospheric impacts on measurements, traverse closures and adjustments, azimuths, level runs, and placement of markers.
• Record survey measurements and descriptive data using notes, drawings, sketches, and inked tracings.
• Search for section corners and survey points.
• Position and hold the vertical rods, or targets, that theodolite operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
• Lay out grids, and determine horizontal and vertical controls.
• Compare survey computations with applicable standards to determine adequacy of data.
• Snow shoveling.
• Set out and recover stakes, marks, and other monumentation.
• Direct and supervise work of subordinate members of surveying parties.
• Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made
structures on the Earth's surface, underground, and underwater using electronic distance-measuring equipment and other surveying instruments.
• Safety ! • Perform various types of surveys. • Lead and direct survey crew. • Ability to measure distances accurately. • Maintain nea
$63k-82k yearly est.