Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System's Geospatial Solutions business area. Visit TextronSystems.com Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do - in this role, you will be responsible for:
Geospatial Solutions delivers cost-effective geospatial analysis, visualization and data management solutions to various defense, intelligence, national, and civilian organizations throughout the world. Textron Systems has deployed thousands of licenses of its Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products to support the visualization and analysis of imagery, full motion video, GIS foundation data, elevation, SAR, LIDAR, and map data acquired by classified and commercial satellites, manned aircraft, unmanned aerial systems (UAS), and other sensors. Our mission-proven tools for exploitation and analysis, feature extraction, Data Management, and other GEOINT applications provide a core set of capabilities in support of customers worldwide.
The business is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to lead and support Business Development and Sales activities for this rapidly growing business in the Department of Homeland Security.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, this individual's specific duties include:
* Responsible for sales and strategy for the identification and realization of attractive growth (product license sales, custom capability development) and alliance (teaming) opportunities.
* Shall have an understanding of the business drivers and models related employed by the US Department of Defense and International Ministry of Defenses.
* Proficient in understanding the geospatial intelligence tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) cycle for Imagery and Full Motion Video (FMV), identifying potential customers of interest within the DoD, as well as identifying, shaping and responding to applicable RFPs or product sales opportunities.
* Routinely work with existing clients to identify and forecast upcoming software and services requirements as well as ensuring that the clients' current business needs are being satisfactorily met. The candidate shall have good leadership, organizational and management skills. The candidate shall have the aptitude to build and sustain strong and intimate relationships with customers.
* Background in applying tools and techniques, tactics, and procedures with Full Motion Video (FMV). The candidate shall use a combination of technical skill as well as domain experience to explain, demonstrate and present value proposition and benefits of TSGS geospatial solutions.
* Prepare and conduct presentations, consultative sales and gate reviews, and demonstrations of products, interpreting and capturing customer needs/requirements for product and service business pursuits.
* Work closely with the Sales Operations Team, Business Development Team, Marketing and Engineering technical staff. The candidate shall be able to interpret engineering and technical input from client/customer demonstrations and discussions and mold them into requirements for new features and products, workflows and solution architectures as applicable to the core competencies of the business.
* Ability to formulate tailored solutions to customer problem sets based on current and pending system / product offerings across the portfolio
* Capture management experience and proposal development experience required
* Must possess a working knowledge of DoD budgeting and acquisition processes
* A Bachelor's degree preferred with 5 or more years' experience in the geospatial and imagery intelligence or FMV disciplines
* Domain expertise with Full Motion Video exploitation.
* Experience with geospatial products and services, client business operations, commercial sales, and business development.
* Experience with high pressure situations dealing with customer meetings and business objectives. Training experience is a plus.
* Team player with very strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to demonstrate software and think quickly and lead impromptu meeting, discussions, and problem solving events.
* Ability to communicate domain and technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
* Comfortable in a wide range of social and business settings, including junior soldiers and analysts through Textron senior leaders, industry leaders, and customer senior leadership.
* Keen desire and enthusiasm to assist business prospects in understanding the value proposition of the technology and turn-key solutions.
* Must be able to attain a U.S. Government Security Clearance. Candidates with active Top Secret clearances are preferred.
* Candidate must be a self-starter and require minimal supervision in the accomplishment of their daily duties.
* Demonstrated network of business contacts and opportunities
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Education Assistance
* Career Development Training Opportunities
* Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
* Medical, Dental, Vision 401(K) with Company Funding
* Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron's products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.