Port Washington, WI
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Perform basic welding processes: operate the semi-automatic welder machine and wire feeder; visually identify good and bad welds.
* Use and follow mini process sheet; Complete and maintain all required paperwork and ensure proper paperwork follows parts.
* Work from blueprints: recognize welding views, welding symbols, read and interpret dimensions, beveling, welding, and interpret a Bill of Material (BOM) or component drawings (i.e. fabrication drawing).
* Operate small hand and power tools including grinders, cranes and hoists, powered hand truck, and use precision measuring devices.
* Perform self-inspection, operate, perform basic hook-up and riggings, use of chains and slings for a job hoist.
* Use basic measuring equipment including tape measure (standard and metric), square, fillet weld gage, and all other related measuring equipment; Read and use a standard and metric conversion chart.
* Identify and use a wire brush, pliers, wire cutter, wrenches, c-clamp, nozzle reamer, weld ID hammer, scraper, magnetic drill and other related hand tools.
* Identify and use grinders (including a pedestal grinder), and other related power tools.
* Identify metal type from a blueprint, schematic or Bill of Material.
* Pre-heating and post-heating: knowledge of torches, temp sticks, strikers and heat absorbent blankets.
* Ensure parts and materials are properly identified.
* Participate in random quality inspections to meet ISO standards.
* Maintain departmental housekeeping.
* Wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.
* Know and follow established job specific and facility wide safety and health procedures and rules. Perform job functions in a safe manner.
* Actively participate in safety and health training and demonstrate competency based on training received.
* Bring safety and health issues, unsafe acts, and safety suggestions to management's attention and/or correct those you can.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Welding experience preferred.
* Must be able to read tape measure and blueprints
* Must be able to read and interpret routine welding and fabrication drawings; use and interpret measuring devices such as rule, scale, square, protractor; ability to use and understand fractional, decimal and metric measuring methods.
* Must be capable of lifting a maximum of 50 pounds and carry up to 100 feet.
* Normal shop environment; willing to work any shift and overtime.
* Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
* Travel may be required for training purposes.
* Safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection and other P.P.E. are required. Safety policies must be adhered to.