Federal Signal Corporation
Project Engineer Job in Belgrade, MT
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design Hydraulic and Hydro-Electric Systems for TowHaul's Products
* Design Air/Hydraulic and Electric/Hydraulic Braking Systems for TowHaul's Products
* Design Brake Cooling Systems for TowHaul's Products
* Design Electrical Systems for the Control of Hydro-Electric, Braking, and Brake Cooling Systems, as well as Lighting and other electrical functions for TowHaul's Products
* Design and Program Controls for the above systems
* Design and Program the HMI's (Control Screens) for the above systems
* Document the control and screen programs of the above systems
* Board test the control and screen programs of the above systems
* Bench and field test the control and screen programs of the above systems
* Use solid modeling software (SolidWorks) to locate all system components in structural models and determine routing of wiring, hoses, and tubes
* Develop production drawings for the location of these component mountings
* Develop parts and operator manual models, drawings, and Bills of Materials
* Compile bills of materials for issuing/charging, and assembly; and long-lead items lists
* Develop parts and operator manual system control descriptions
* Provide troubleshooting and problem-solving assistance to service technicians and customers
* Provide assistance to sales in estimating system component requirements
* Monitor remote (Telematic) data as needed to ascertain system performance and problems
* Assist with improvements in documentation methods and procedures
* Proficiency with general inventory software and standard Microsoft programs
* Proven team player with excellent attitude and work ethic
* Degree in Engineering
* Strong team contributor
* Planning, managing multiple projects and agendas
* Strong organizational skills
* Technical aptitude
* Loyalty and commitment to TowHaul's culture of innovation
* Computer and CMS proficient
* Strive to customer expectations - every day on every project - with honesty, integrity, and respect
* Ability to follow instruction
* Must be able to work overtime on occasion and be flexible with work schedule
* Good documentation skills
* Continuous and consistent attention to detail
* Adaptable, trustworthy, integrity and positive attitude
All employees are expected to interact with other members of the organization in a professional and respectful manner, with the goal of producing on-time and high-quality work being the highest priority. All employees must maintain excellent communication with supervisors and engineers and a professional attitude and approach to issues within the company.
We are a drug free workplace and require pre-employment testing.
Benefits of Employment
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, and 401(k) with matching contributions. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
For over 40 years, TowHaul has been dedicated to designing and manufacturing the most reliable, efficient, and adaptable off-road equipment in the mineral extraction industry. Driven by customer need, we have created custom solutions for towing and hauling in the most extreme conditions on Earth. From the Australian Outback to the Arctic Circle, TowHaul creates products that meet and exceed our customers' towing and hauling needs. For more information visit www.towhaul.com
We are a "Solution Driven" manufacturer for the mining industry. At Ground Force Worldwide we design, engineer and manufacture the World's Finest Mine Support Equipment. We offer a diverse product line for surface & underground mining and have trucks working in over 60+ countries worldwide. We have been providing our customers and dealers with custom solutions for over 30 years. Our history of innovation and strong customer relationships around the world prove us a World Leader in our industry. For more information, visit www.gfworldwide.com.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our planet. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, IL, with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems. For more information on Federal Signal, visit: www.federalsignal.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of, and will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category, characteristic, or trait under applicable law. If you require reasonable accommodation in the application process, call Human Resources at 630-954-2000. All other applications must be submitted online.