thyssenkrupp Materials NA Company History Timeline

0
1978

During a period of expansion in 1978 Thyssen AG entered the North American automotive industry with the acquisition of Budd’s automotive operations, which became the automotive division of Thyssen and operated in North America as Budd Thyssen, later ThyssenKrupp Budd Co.

1987

Foundation of the company Eisen- und Stahlhandel, Mannheim warehouse and renaming in 1987 to Thyssen Schulte GmbH, Stahl-Service-Center Mannheim (now the Mannheim branch).

1999

The company was founded on March 17, 1999 and is headquartered in Essen, Germany.“

In 1999 Thyssen (one of the companies of the merger to form ThyssenKrupp Elevator) acquired the American based Dover Elevator Company.

2005

In December 2005 ThyssenKrupp acquired 60% of Atlas Elektronik from BAE Systems with EADS acquiring the remaining 40%.

In 2005 ThyssenKrupp acquired Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft (HDW) in Kiel from One Equity Partners.

2006

In October 2006 ThyssenKrupp sold ThyssenKrupp Budd’s North American body and chassis operations to Martinrea International Inc.

2007

On 11 May 2007, ThyssenKrupp AG announced an investment of €3.1 billion (US$4.19 billion) for a project consisting of building new carbon steel and stainless steel processing facilities in southern Alabama that would employ 2,700 people when fully operational.

In August 2007 ThyssenKrupp Materials North America acquired OnlineMetals.com, a small-quantity distributor of semi-finished metals and plastics based in Seattle, WA.

2008

In early 2008 ThyssenKrupp Aerospace acquired Apollo Metals and Aviation Metals, both suppliers to aerospace and defence based inKent, Washington.

2010

The company announced that the investment was increased to $4.6 billion in 2010.

2012

ThyssenKrupp Stainless USA projects to employ approximately 900 people when fully operational in late 2012.

The company projects it will employ approximately 900 people when fully operational in late 2012.

ThyssenKrupp’s stainless steel division, Inoxum, including the stainless portion of the US plant, was sold to Finnish stainless steel company Outokumpu in 2012.

2013

Finally in 2013, ThyssenKrupp offered the remaining portion of the plant for sale at under $4 billion.

2015

Our parent company, thyssenkrupp, unveils a new corporate identity to better reflect its diverse industrial holdings in October 2015.

Founded
1959
Company Founded
Headquarters
Southfield, MI
Company Headquarter

thyssenkrupp Materials NA Jobs Nearby

thyssenkrupp Materials NA Jobs

thyssenkrupp Materials NA Similar Companies

Find Jobs from Similar Companies
Personalize your job search. Where would you like to work?
0 selections

thyssenkrupp Materials NA Similar Companies Jobs