Registered Nurse (ASN) - SWA GI Fricker - FT
Tift Regional Medical Center
DEPARTMENT: SWA GI - Fricker
F ACILITY: SWA GI - Fricker
WORK TYPE: Full Time
S HIFT: Day Shift
Registered Nurses provide professional nursing care for assigned patient(s) in one or more patient care departments according to State Board of Nursing Practice Act, standards of practice, and professional performance. They are responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation for patients served. They are an active participant in decisions related to patient care and nursing practice. They serve as educator, colleague, researcher, advocate, and leader. They must demonstrate competency in providing quality care, process improvement, patient and employee safety, collaboration, consultation, and professional development. They assume responsibility for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating patient care rendered by Licensed Practical Nurses, Patient Care Techs, Paramedics (Emergency Department only) and other staff.
* Assures the timely assessment of the health status and need of assigned patients.
* Completes all documentation prior to shift end.
* Conducts reassessments on assigned patients (and documents) per unit policy and when the patient's status changes.
* Initiates orders as incorporated into plan of care.
* Completes nursing interventions and physician's orders in a timely manner during shift.
* Accurately interprets, requests, and transcribes orders for medications, treatments, procedures, lab work, and other diagnostic procedures and consultants.
* Follows Nursing Practice Guidelines and policies related to medication administration and IV therapy.
* Accurately states patient's condition to coworkers at shift report, physician on rounds, and to other associates when required.
* Follows hospital policies and standards of Nursing Care, Nursing Practice Guidelines, and provides care appropriate to patient age.
* Oversees all care on assigned patients, assuring a high caliber of patient is provided.
* Correctly and accurately recognizes respiratory or cardiac arrest and immediately beings CPR and calls Code Blue.
* Reviews patient's and/or significant other's knowledge related to patient disease process, cause, preventative measures, and treatment; develops plans for teaching; documents patient's/significant other's response/level of understanding.
* Meets annual safety/Employee Health requirements.
* Assumes responsibility and accountability for individualized judgments and actions.
* Demonstrates efficient, effective, and prompt responses to any unit/patient crisis situation.
* Demonstrates dependability and accountability in all assigned tasks.
* Protects patients' rights by knocking before entering the room and properly draping patient prior to procedures.
* Provides service with respect for human dignity and the uniqueness of the patient unrestricted by consideration of socioeconomic status, personal attribute or the nature of health problems.
* Safeguards the patient's right to privacy by judiciously protecting information of a confidential nature.
* Protects patients' valuables as directed in hospital policies and procedures.
* Follows policies related to information release, confidentiality, patient rights, chart access, and advance directives.
* Acts to safeguard the patient and the public when health care and safety are affected by the incompetent, unethical or illegal practice of any person.
* Completes Occurrence Reports on any activity deviating from the norm.
* Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital safety policies, Infection Control policies, restraint policies, fire reporting, drill activities, equipment maintenance and storage.
* Accepts responsibility to establish and maintain conditions conductive to high quality nursing care.
* Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and facility regulations, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
* Understands and adheres to compliance standards as they appear in the Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct, and Conflicts of Interest Policy.
* Demonstrates age-specific skills as required by position.
* Offers suggestions on ways to improve operations of department and reduce costs.
* Attends all mandatory education programs.
* Improves self-knowledge through voluntarily attending continuing education/certification classes.
* Maintains required competency levels as identified in written exams, skills checklists, skills labs, annual safety and health requirements as well as service excellence education hours requirements.
* Willing to cross-train in order to better assist co-workers and to provide maximum efficiency in department.
* Volunteers/participates on hospital committees, functions, and department projects.
* Manages resources effectively.
* Reports equipment in need of repair in order to extend life of equipment.
* Makes good use of time so as to not create needless overtime.
* Associate's Degree in Education specialization:
* Nursing or Education equivalent experience:
* REGISTERED NURSE from Credential source:
* State License
Registered Nurse with authorization to practice in the state of Georgia
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
* Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
* Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities and works with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and varying customer needs.
* Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
* Beside monitoring
* Blood administration
* Basic Life Support certification
* Patient care plan establishment and evaluation
* Clinical Assessment
* Enables co-workers to grow and succeed through feedback, instruction, and encouragement.
* Diplomatically handles challenging or tense interpersonal situations.
* Crisis Prevention Intervention certification
* Possess the ability to think clearly and rationally, understanding the logical connection between ideas.
* Provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
* Is reliable and trustworthy while performing work in a consistent and timely manner.
* Discharge planning
* Conveys confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially with new and challenging tasks; allowing employees freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
* Electronic medical record documentation
* Earns others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and transparency in all interactions.
* Openness to different and new ways of doing things and willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
* Correctly interprets and follows instructions.
* Infection control
* Possess the technical knowledge necessary to safely and efficiently perform job.
* Machine/equipment operation
* Medical terminology
* Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand.
* Manages time, energy and workspace well and is able to accomplish assigned tasks successfully.
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification
* Patient care skills including feeding, dressing, and bathing.
* Proficient in safe patient care techniques
* Resolves difficult or complicated challenges.
* Has ability to cope with and rise to inevitable challenges, problems and set-backs.
* Identifies, assesses, and manages risk while striving to attain objectives.
* Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
* Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
* Vital sign monitoring
* Wound care
* Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.
Southwell/Tift Regional Health System, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.