Crop Specialist - South Central FS - Toledo, IL
COMPANY: South Central FS
HIRING MANAGER: Pat Meinhart
LOCATION: Toledo, IL
ROLE PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Area Manager, generates profitable sales in the assigned territory through cold calling, target marketing, competitive analysis, and providing value-added agronomic products, services, and recommendations. Ensures the credit worthiness of customers and promotes credit programs as marketing tools. Primary responsibility is to make sales to current/existing customers and to new customers; this is an experienced outside sales position. Responsible for sales and delivery of product. Responsible for sales and marketing of products and accounts receivable within assigned territory. Ability to work extended hours.
* Conduct consistent, direct sales calls on at least 20 prospective customers and work with existing customers in assigned sales territory.
* Drives and delivers profitability sales growth.
* Obtain orders and/or contracts for South Central FS products and services.
* Assist in implementing marketing plans and develop sales strategies that generate profitable sales.
* Provides value added agronomic products, services, and recommendations to patrons and prospects.
* Provides customer service by using soil testing, crop scouting, precision farming and other programs, and follows up on complaints.
* Attend all training meeting, schools trainings and seminars as assigned.
* Ensures the credit worthiness of customers, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
* Promotes the use of credit programs as a sales tool and helps provide the required information to establish credit.
* Promote the use of the Ag Finance, Precision Farming & Crop Insurance.
* Ensure accounts receivable is within company's credit policy.
* Works closely with the credit department