Bluecross Blueshield of South Carolina
Michigan City, ND
Responsible for providing a full range of financial, compliance, and operational audits, business advisory, and consultation services, investigations, internal controls, accountability, and use of resources.
This position is remote.
* 50% Conducts internal and/or external timely operational, financial, and/or compliance audits of divisions, departments, providers, and activities of the corporation including evaluation of internal controls. Identifies, documents, and evaluates business risks. Develops written audit programs. Conducts testing and analysis of existing controls to determine adequacy and effectiveness. Prepares written work papers to document testing results and conclusions reached. Documents issues, the causes of those issues, and their effects on the process/function and the corporation. Serves as Lead Auditor on more complex audit assignments.
* 15% Drafts recommendations to limit risks and improve processes, functions and activities. Writes audit reports for corporate executive management that clearly and effectively convey engagement evaluations, conclusions and recommendations. Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies. Conducts testing of corrective actions as identified.
* 10% Develops detailed reports on each audit conducted. Reports include a review of findings and an identification of recommendation to correct any deficiencies and methods for improvement to processes. Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
* 10% Conducts special audit studies for management, such as those required to discover controls for prevention of fraud. Prepares reports of findings and recommendations for management.
* 10% Provides training to and assists or leads other auditors in completing their assignments as a means of