What Does A Tool Room Attendant Do At Lincoln Technical Institute
* Maintain an inventory of the tool room and monitor the tool room* Secure all of the contents of the shop at the beginning and at the end of the shift* Distribute tools and other items as per the school guidelines* Keep the consumable supplies stocked* Complete a regular inventory of the tool room in a written report* Ensure that the workspaces are kept clean and that all safety regulations are followed* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned * Hours for this position will be 4:00 PM - midnight Monday thru Friday
What Does A Tool Room Attendant Do At Precision Castparts Corp.
* Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.* Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.* Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.* Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.* Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.* Assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.* Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances* Heat treats tools or parts.* Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.* Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product
What Does A Tool Room Attendant Do At The Greenbrier Companies, Inc.
* Store material and supplies within tool rooms* Organize and maintain shelves* Maintain inventory control tags.* Clean floors and answer phones* Cover warehouse or dispatch for vacations or other absences* Perform all tool room related functions
What Does A Tool Room Attendant Do At U.S. Pacific Fleet, Commander In Chief
* Organizing and locating tools and cabinets to ensure tool availability to support production needs by maintaining proper amounts, types and conditions of tools.* Determining the method of storage and identification while considering such things as temperature, humidity, height, weight, fast turnover and space available.* Setting up special storage locations and insuring that project-assigned items are separated from regularly stocked items when they arrive during their storage.* Providing assistance to personnel by determining proper tool desired based on verbal descriptions of the tool and its intended use.* Insuring that tools and equipment are maintained in good condition by doing visual and operating checks
What Does A Tool Room Attendant Do At Pae, Inc.
* Keeps records of tools issued to and returned by workers, searches for lost or misplaced tools, prepares periodic inventory or keeps perpetual inventory and requisitions stock as needed.* Unpacks and stores new equipment; visually inspects tools or measures with micrometer for wear or defects and reports damaged or worn-out equipment to superiors; may coat tools with grease or other preservative, using a brush or spray gun, and may attach identification tags or engrave identifying information on tools and equipment using electric marking tool.* Must maintain tracking and identification of calibrated tools and special equipment.* Issue/receive and handle hazmat.* Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested