DELI MANAGER - HIRING NOW
Deli Manager Job in Three Forks, MT
**Key Duties and Responsibilities**
· Manage daily activities of employees to improve sales performance.
· Supervise employees in various duties (BOH and FOH) such as cooking, serving, packaging, and operating counters.
· Manage product storage, maintenance and rotation activities to avoid any damages or spoilages.
· Assist in preparation of inventory and sales budgets.
· Analyze profit and loss statements and recommend improvements to meet department goals.
· Schedule and assign work for associates on daily basis.
· Assist in interviewing, hiring and training of associates.
· Provide training to staff on company policies and sales guidelines.
· Respond to queries and complaints from both customers and employees.
· Ensure employees follow company policies and store rules.
· Coordinate with employees to operate the Deli store to achieve sales goals.
· Develop sales promotion programs to attract more customers.
· Ensure that products are properly labeled with prices and dates.
· Ensure variety supply of regular and seasonal retail items (hats, postcards, etc.) to generate sales to augment food sales.
· Monitor and maintain stock inventory levels to avoid over and under stock problems.
· Interact politely with clients while solving problems related to sales, dissatisfied service and issues regarding store operation.
· Operate all food preparation machines and equipment.
· Receive, unload and stock the food items.
· Ensure that facility is maintained neat, clean and safe.
· Complete all paperwork, reports, and other assignments as necessary.
**Basic Qualifications** Required Skills/Abilities:
· Extensive knowledge of restaurant/deli/retail management systems and procedures.
· Extensive knowledge of all aspects of retail food operations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
**Education and Experience:**
+ Bachelor's Degree is a plus. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
+ 5+ years of increasingly responsible restaurant/retail experience, at least 3 years which must be in the food industry.
+ 3+ years of experience leading a high-performance management team.
+ Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives that drive a zero-injury culture.
+ Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills.
+ Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations while delivering day to day performance.
· Prolonged periods of standing, walking, and physical activity as needed.
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
**Behavioral Characteristics and Expectations**
· **Results Orientation** .
Focused on improving business results through introduction of incremental improvements in business practices; defines key issues and alternatives, evaluating costs, risks and benefits for the organization; emphasizes accountability and a sense of urgency.
Delivers work as promised.
Regularly keeps supervisor informed of progress, issues, and potential problems.
· **Change Leadership** .
Encourages staff to identify improvement opportunities; sets realistic challenges for the team; influences others, internally and externally, to drive change efforts; encourages collaboration and innovation.
· **Learning and Adopting Best Practices** .
Able to learn new approaches and concepts, identify and develop new ideas or best practices, and apply them to their business; desire to learn (intellectual curiosity), creates a culture of continuous improvement and growth.
Shows consistent flexibility in adjusting to system, procedural, cultural, managerial, and philosophical changes at the facility.
· **Strategic Thinking with Business Insight** .
Ability to understand the company's competitive context; strong analytical and conceptual abilities to develop his/her own plan within the general company strategy and communicate clearly to the team.
· **People Oriented Leadership** .
Focused on optimizing, developing, and improving work teams by achieving a balance between the productive and the humane, inspiring others to be better; increasing their productive performance and ensuring their personal development; operates in a team-based environment empowering the team and delegates responsibilities, ensuring ownership of decisions and promoting individual accountability.
Interacts with others in a positive manner. Assists others when needed. Consistently represent work unit and department in a positive manner.
Under all circumstances maintains professional composure in dealing with customers and fellow employees
**Standard expectations for all employees**
o Interacts with others in a positive manner
o Under all circumstances maintains professional composure in dealing with customers and fellow employees
o Consistently represent work unit and department in a positive manner
o Assists others when needed
o Arrives at work on time and whenever scheduled (unless there is an illness or other emergency) to ensure that the rest of the staff is not put in a hardship situation
o Regularly keeps supervisor informed of progress, issues, and potential problems
o Delivers work as promised
o Shows consistent flexibility in adjusting to system, procedural, cultural, managerial, and philosophical changes in the work unit.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.