Nurse Consultant - Richmond, VA
Arthur J Gallagher & Co.
Consultant Nurse Job in Virginia, MN
Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
Provides medical management to workers compensation injured employees, performing case management through telephonic and in-person contact with injured workers and medical providers Coordinates with employers and claims professionals to manage medical care in order to return injured employee to work.
* Coordinating medical evaluation and treatment
* Meeting with physician and injured worker to collaborate on treatment plan and to discuss goals for return to work
* Keeping employer and referral source updated regarding medical treatment and work status
* Coordinating ancillary services, e.g. home health, durable medical equipment, and physical therapy. Communicates with employers to determine job requirements and to explore modified or alternate employment.
* Discusses and evaluates results of treatment plan with physician and injured worker using Evidence Based Guidelines to ensure effective outcome.
* Documents case management observations, assessment, and plan.
* Generates reports for referral source to communicate case status and recommendations.
* Generates ongoing correspondence to referral source, employer, medical providers, injured worker, and other participants involved in the injured worker's treatment plan.
* May participate in telephonic case conferences.
* Maintains a minimum caseload of 35 files, and 145 monthly billable hours, with minimum 95% quality compliance.
* Nursing or medical degree from an accredited institution with an active Registered Nursing license or medical license within the state of practice or states in which case management is performed.
* 2-4 years of work experience.
* Responsible for completing required and applicable training, in order to maintain proficiency and licensing requirements.
* Able to travel to appointments within approximately a 2 hour radius.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills; Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Worker's Compensation experience is preferred.
* Certification in related field preferred.
* 1-3 years of clinical experience preferred.
* Demonstrates adequate knowledge of managed care with emphasis on use of criteria, guidelines and national standards of practice.
* Advanced written and oral communication skills, along with organizational and leadership skills.
* Self-directed and proactively manage assigned case files.
* Demonstrates strong time management skills.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older or must demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.