Senior Staff Accountant Erlanger
LK TR A Massachusetts Business TR
Senior Staff Accountant Job in Reading, OH
Come join our amazing team!!!
Beer House Distributors
, part of Sheehan Family Companies has an exciting opportunity in the Accounting Department in Erlanger, KY!
Sr. Staff Accountant
is responsible for the completion of timely and accurate financial statements. The individual will be directly responsible for all aspects of the accounting close cycle, budgeting, and the supervision of the accounting, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions. The Sr. Staff Accountant will reporting directly to the General Manager.
This is an ON SITE position.
What you'll be doing:
• Monthly Financial Statement Preparation and Year End Close
• Initiate daily/weekly journal entries and closing processes for sales, inventory, payroll, AP and AR.
• Report daily cash flow and reconcile all company bank accounts
• Perform month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries, financial statements, subsidiary ledgers, variance analysis, and reconciliations for all balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Prepare monthly tax returns as well as other mandatory federal or state reporting
• Ensure financial compliance with corporate policies and procedures
• Provide support for year-end financial statement audit as well as other interim reporting.
• Perform projects, ad hoc analysis, and such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required.
• Research and advise on various accounting topics and transactions.
• Assist in maintaining employee benefits programs (Insurance, 401k etc.…)
• Provide backup for Payroll, Reconciliation and AR/AP tasks as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Responsible for effective staff management as well as hiring, orientation and training for all invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions.
• Conduct annual performance appraisals and set and monitor annual goals & and development planning.
• Provide technical expertise and problem-resolution to team and recommend improvements.
• Lead the implementation of new processes and technologies in accordance with corporate policy.
• BS in Accounting or related field required
• 5 years progressive accounting experience
• Advanced Excel and Google Workspace experience is required.
• Strong leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities as well as written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interface with people at all levels
• Must possess the ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency - be flexible in tasks and time while managing department workload especially during close week
Why join us?
• 401(k) + matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
Salary range in most states/locations: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
The Sheehan Family Companies are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe in an inclusive culture that provides mutual respect with salary advancement based on merit and individual performance. Sheehan Family Companies is committed to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against any protected class. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
*This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
*In applying for this job and providing your phone number, you are authorizing the Sheehan Family Companies to contact you via text message for recruiting purposes. You may opt out of text messaging at any time.
5 year(s): Progressive accounting experience
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field