Global Category Analyst: Indirect
Oklahoma City, OK
The successful candidate in this entry-level, growth-oriented position will be challenged to develop skills in research, analysis, reporting, project management, and Strategic Sourcing category management. The skills will be employed to support the Director, Strategic Sourcing- Indirect, and Global Category Managers across a broad and complex spectrum of Indirect Goods and Services. In addition, the successful candidate will also be responsible to work with business stakeholders to support productivity and efficiency initiatives as directed.
The intended initial priorities of this role will be to support Strategic Sourcing efforts in
* Support Category Managers to implement accele TRON initiatives to achieve value. This may involve creating and loading project documentation into management tools, coordinating meetings, working with internal stakeholders and suppliers to achieve milestones, and other tasks required to achieve initiative milestones and value.
* Best Cost Country Sourcing (BCCS) which is focused on identifying and developing global low-cost/ high quality sources of supply that can be shared and leveraged across regions. In this capacity, the candidate will report indirectly to the Global Category Manager: MRO/BCCS as an opportunity to learn and adapt to reporting in a matrix organization.
* Support the Strategic Planning efforts of the Strategic Sourcing team to develop and communicate the medium and long-term strategy of specific categories and initiatives.
* Support the Strategic Sourcing function in the roll out and adoption of the COUPA Sourcing Optimizer (CSO) tool and other identified tools to help increase efficiency and effectiveness of organization.
Furthermore, this candidate will be evaluated for rotational and developmental opportunities in other Tronox functions/ locations to meet the potential future development needs of both Tronox and the candidate.
Candidate must demonstrate drive, enthusiasm, confidence, and innovation to develop new skills, take on new challenges, and learn from positive and negative experiences. Industrial/ technical comprehension and familiarity will serve the candidate well in collaborating with Engineering and Technical stakeholders. Ability to adopt and live Tronox's Core Values to achieve Safe, Quality, Low-Cost, Sustainable Tons will be essential for success.
As a Global Category Analyst you will be responsible to:
* Coordinates the development, issuance, and evaluation of Request for Proposals and Request for Tender packages.
* Negotiation of low value contracts for certain commodities and or services for geographical area for Tender packages.
* Management of low value supplier relationships with supplier account managers
* Development of Contract Approval Requests as required by the DoA (Delegation of Authority)
* Preparation of procurement strategies for low value contract negotiations
* Management of processes to identify, develop, and qualify alternative suppliers to ensure security of supply
* Supplier selection based on bid analysis and supplier evaluation criteria within scope of authority
* Evaluates implementation of methods (JIT, MRP, consignment, and VMI) to optimize low-median value commodity inventory levels
* Execute, expedite and maintain purchase orders.
* Negotiate prices savings, deliveries, safety stocks, and lead times.
* Responsible for transport arrangements toward ensuring smooth operations.
* Work with key operational stakeholders to define specifications, track and report project progress and status, identify and escalate issues to resolution
* Collaborate with suppliers (with support and guidance of Global Category Managers) to resolve questions and issues
* Facilitate project tracking meetings and record actions/ track actions and status
* Support Director, Strategic Sourcing- Indirect with:
* Project and category value tracking and reporting
* Meeting facilitation and reporting
* Document management
* Spend analysis and reporting
* Support Global Category Managers with:
* Category research to identify potential sources of supply, increase category knowledge and understanding of participants, cost drivers, and impacting factors.
* Research and analysis of spend and usage data to identify opportunities for leverage and cost reduction
* Track and report project value and status
* Develop and maintain a network of suppliers and strategic partners around the globe to provide primary and alternative sources of supply. This is to include identification and management of regional-third-party partners to assist in the identification of potential suppliers.
* Support development of budget pricing forecasts and reporting on savings / project tracking for category initiatives. Ensure savings targets and reporting requirements are timely met. Other activities as assigned by Director
* Develop Strategic Sourcing skills by undertaking category assignments and projects as directed by Director and/or matrix manager.
* Research and gain understanding of supplier capability and business needs through participating in stakeholder interviews, internal data analysis, interpretation of industry studies and other research techniques. Be inquisitive and have an ability to acquire knowledge about topics within procurement scope.
* Develop and demonstrate manufacturing, chemical, engineering and financial concepts to understand site processes and how procured materials affect site safety, environmental compliance, process efficiency, finished product quality and manufacturing cost.
* Partner with the Global and Regional Supply Chain colleagues and other stakeholders to learn and employ a toolkit that consists of framework Agreements, Standard templates (RFP and Evaluation criteria) and incorporates a Total cost of ownership (TCO) approach as well as supplier KPIs.
* Willingness to work effectively in ambiguous situations, strong critical thinking skills and ability to be decisive.
* Develop and demonstrate ability to communicate, influence, and reason effectively with business and technical partners to deliver quality solutions.
* Foster and support a culture of honesty, integrity and trust
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Information Technology, or another related field.
* Certifications or additional education a plus
* 0-2 years of experience in category management with clear experience and success in related categories.
* 0-2 years of procurement experience with strategic sourcing and building category strategies as well as demonstrated ability to drive savings and manage supplier performance.
* Industrial, Engineering, Technical, Trades experience a PLUS
* Chemical or Mining industry experience a PLUS
* Efficient in use of MSOffice productivity applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Word, and other common applications.
* Comfort/Experience in using SAP and/or other innovative platforms/tools/ applications a PLUS
* Experience in multi-cultural, global environments a PLUS
* Tronox Site TBD (preference OKC/Hamilton) with potential option for Remote
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% percent.
Primary Product Portfolio Focus:
* Variable based on assigned categories