Truck Washer Statistics and Facts in the US
Research Summary. Using a database of 30 million profiles, Zippia estimates demographics and statistics for truck washers in the United States. Our estimates are verified against BLS, Census, and current job openings data for accuracy. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found that:
- There are over 6,435 truck washers currently employed in the United States.
- 8.3% of all truck washers are women, while only 88.4% are men.
- The average age of an employed truck washer is 38 years old.
- The most common ethnicity of truck washers is White (66.3%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (15.1%) and Black or African American (10.9%).
- The majority of truck washers are located in TX, Houston and IA, Walcott.
- Truck washers are most in-demand in Hermon, ME.
- Truck washers are paid an average annual salary of $27,033.
- Puyallup, WA pays an annual average wage of $34,104, the highest in the US.
- Truck washers average starting salary is $21,000.
- In 2021, women earned 99% of what men earned.
- The top 10% of highest-paid truck washers earn as much as $34,000 or more.
- Alaska is the best state for truck washers to live.
- Truck washers are more likely to work at private companies in comparison to public companies.
Truck Washer Statistics By Gender
Gender Pay Gap For Truck Washer
Women Earn 99¢ For Every $1 Earned By Man
Truck Washer Gender Over Time
This data shows how men and women predominate in the truck washer position over time.
Truck Washer Male to Female Ratio
We compared this job title with other job titles to see how gender percentages varied. As you can see, brick unloader tender and septic tank installer have the biggest difference in gender.
|Marine Tower Operator||96%||4%|
|Septic Tank Installer||96%||2%|
|Brick Unloader Tender||98%||2%|
Truck Washer Statistics By Race
The most common ethnicity among truck washers is White, which makes up 66.3% of all truck washers. Comparatively, there are 15.1% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 10.9% of the Black or African American ethnicity.
- White, 66.3%
- Hispanic or Latino, 15.1%
- Black or African American, 10.9%
- Asian, 3.9%
- Unknown, 3.0%
- American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.8%
Truck Washer Race And Ethnicity Over Time
Using the Census Bureau data, we found out how the percentage of each ethnic category trended between 2008-2018 among truck washers.
- Hispanic or Latino
- Black or African American
Truck Washer Wage Gap By Race
Average Age of a Truck Washer
We determined the average age of truck washers based on ethnicity and gender.
Truck Washer Age Breakdown
This chart breaks down the ages of truck washer employees. Interestingly enough, the average age of truck washers is 40+ years old, which represents 45% of the population.
Types of Truck Washer Degree Levels
The most common degree for truck washers is high school diploma 62% of truck washers earn that degree. A close second is diploma with 13% and rounding it off is associate degree with 11%.
- High School Diploma, 62%
- Diploma, 13%
- Associate, 11%
- Bachelors, 9%
- Other Degrees, 5%
Truck Washer Jobs You Might Like
Truck Washer Wage Gap By Education
Truck Washer Employment Statistics
This section highlights the information we gathered about the types of businesses and industries that employ truck washers. We found that the most common company type is private. In addition, the industry that employs the most truck washers is the transportation industry.
We created this chart to show you the average size of companies that typically hire truck washers.
< 50 employees
50 - 100 employees
100 - 500 employees
500 - 1,000 employees
1,000 - 10,000 employees
The Types Of Companies Truck Washer Work In
Employees with the truck washer job title have their preferences when it comes to working for a company. For instance, most truck washers prefer to work at private companies over public companies.
Top Industries Hiring Truck Washers
Just based on the number of employees within each industry, we were able to determine the most common industries that employ truck washers. Those industries include transportation, manufacturing and retail.
Truck Washer Turnover And Employment Statistics
Truck Washer Unemployment Rate Over Time
The Bureau of Labor Statistics came in clutch when it came down to figuring out how the unemployment rate has changed over time. Between 2008 and 2018, this is how the number of truck washers changed.
- Unemployment rate
The Average Number of Years That Truck Washer Stay in a Job
By looking over 1,575 truck washers resumes, we figured out that the average truck washer enjoys staying at their job for Less than 1 year for a percentage of 47%.
Comparing The LGBT Ratio of Truck Washers with Other Job Titles
After finding the gender ratio, we wondered if the percentages of LGBT persons were different as well. Using the data below, you can see how other job titles compare to truck washers.
|Ross Lift Operator||6.56%|
|Overhead Crane Operator||8.42%|
|Lumber Chain Offbearer||8.81%|
|Edger Machine Helper||8.85%|