Maintenance Mechanic II - SGS
Tucson Electric Power Co Inc.
UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation's public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona. For more information about UNS Energy Corporation, visit http://www.uns.com.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We're evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professional's values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration. For more information about our company, visit http://www.uns.com .
Check us out. We believe you will like it here!
Do you want to be part of a company culture founded on safety, teamwork, collaboration, and positive leadership?
Do you want the opportunity to grow yourself in your current job and beyond?
Do you want to live in the White Mountains of Arizona, one of the most beautiful parts of the country? (https://azwhitemountains.net) (http://springervilleaz.gov)
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, read on. We want to know of your interest. If you apply, you are not just a number, You are a possible team member! Our culture is at the heart of our success and we are looking for talented individuals for the position of Maintenance Mechanic II to bring their skills and experience to the table while enriching our already strong culture. This opening is at our power plant facility located in Springerville, AZ. The Springerville Generating Station operates four coal-fired units with a combined generating capacity of over 1600 megawats of power. Although we will be retiring two of the units we operate and maintain at this facility by 2032, we continue to work together to generate safe, clean, reliable power to enhance our families, customers and communties. We are the place to come contribute what you know, grow your skills for future opportunities, and if you are later in career this is a great place to retire. At an elevation of approximately 7000 feet, our small town communities in the heart of the White Mountains are known for the beautiful four seasons and year round activities; including hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, skiing and more.
In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for the position of Maintenance Mechanic II at our power plant facility located in Springerville, AZ. The Springerville Generating Station operates four coal-fired units with a combined generating capacity of over 1600 megawatts of power. At an elevation of approximately 7000 feet, this small town community and surrounding areas near the White Mountains in northeastern Arizona is noted for its four seasons and year round activities; including hunting, fishing, snow skiing, hiking, mountain biking and more. This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Internal Posting Expires: 11/08/2021
External posting may close at any time.
Position Description: The primary responsibilities of a Maintenance Mechanic II are to test, repair, maintain, overhaul and modify all mechanical plant equipment at the highest level of skill in accordance with plant procedures and directions; and will perform other duties as directed, including the duties of lower classifications.
* Understand and follow Company policies and procedures
* Understand and follow Federal, State and Company safety regulations
* Understand theory, operation, and troubleshooting of Plant equipment
* Perform repairs, maintenance and overhaul of Plant mechanical equipment
* Perform job setup, including required materials, tools, rigging and special equipment
* Maintain a high level of awareness and responsibility for the environment
* Perform work alone or in a team setting
* Guide, direct and train other employees as required
* Perform assigned work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company practices and procedures
* Maintain a high level of awareness and responsibility for environmental considerations that impact them, their jobs, and the Company to the level of their knowledge, training, and experience
* This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
* Support and communicate Operational Excellence goals, objectives, vision and values.
* This is a Safety Sensitive postion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must meet position requirements and demonstrate competency through the established testing procedures
* Ability to utilize computer-based maintenance management system
* Ability to read and apply information from drawings and instruction books
* Perform basic math calculations for area, volume, material takeoff, rigging calculations, etc
* Ability to perform oxyacetylene welding, cutting and heating, and arc welding skills as required
* Ability to use precision measurement tools
* Ability to safely operate power tools
* Requires basic maintenance knowledge of the following (which also serves as a study outline for testing):
* General and specific craft safety procedures
* Coal handling equipment
* Baghouse equipment
* Ash handling equipment
* Bottom ash equipment
* Condensor & heat exchangers
* Water treatment equipment
* Lime and soda ash slakers
* Boiler & boiler auxiliaries
* Boiler insulation & refractory
* Oxyacetylene cutting and welding
* Pumps (maintenance and alignment)
* Basic pipe fitting
* V-Belt alignment/installation
* Basic machinist operations
* Valve and stuffing box maintenance
* Must work overtime as needed
* Must be available to work a rotating shift schedule (i.e. shift work) as required
* Five years mechanical maintenance experience in a steam electrical generating station, or have equivalent training in a similar job classification
* A high school diploma or GED
* A valid driver's license
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Computer skills to utilize computer-based maintenance management system
* Ability to read and apply information from blueprints and drawings
* Physical requirements include the ability to bend, lift, and stoop for extended periods as well as the ability to climb stairs and work from ladders and elevated platforms.
* Apprenticeship or other previous industrial training and/or experience
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.
Keywords: power plant, power, generation, mechanic, mechanical, maintenance, repair, technician, millwright, coal, steam, electricity, electrical, electric, utility, utilities, boiler, turbine, Springerville, St. Johns, Show Low, Lakeside, Pinetop, AZ, Arizona, Tucson Electric Power, UniSource Energy