Jim Click Automotive Group
Car Sales Consultant Job in Tucson, AZ
Sells new and/or used vehicles to retail customers Includes three broad areas of activity self-directed follow-through and lead development, product education and selling Greets all customers; completes information required on all required sales forms (DMV, credit applications, offer to purchase contracts); uses the telephone for scheduling appointments with prospective buyers and responds to direct inquiries and follow-up with previous customer contacts; able to communicate the benefits of new features, specifications prices, colors, options, accessories, models, series and standard equipment on all product lines; safely drives vehicles on pre-established demonstration route; physically inspects both vehicles for sale and vehicles presented for trade-in to identify any defects, flaws, blemishes and damage, either on the exterior or interior; will obey state, federal and DMV laws and regulations and adheres to all company policies, procedures and ethical standards and established industry guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. During scheduled work time greets all customers promptly and courteously.
2. Accurately, completely and legibly completes information required on all required sales forms (Department of Motor Vehicles, credit applications, offer to purchase contracts, etc.).
3. Uses telephone for seeking and obtaining appointments with prospective buyers, responding to direct inquiries and follows-up with previous customer contacts.
4. Knows and is able to relate clearly to potential buyers the benefits of new features, specifications, prices, colors, options, accessories, models, series and standard equipment on all product lines.
5. Regularly presents a feature and benefit presentation of the vehicle, tailored to the customer's interest and needs.
6. Safely drives vehicles on pre-established demonstration route.
7. Physically inspects both vehicles for sale and vehicles presented for trade-in to identify any defects, flaws, blemishes and damage either on the exterior or interior.
8. Obeys all state, federal and Department of Motor Vehicles laws and regulations, adheres to all Company policies, procedures and ethical standards and established industry guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Verbal communication ability to clearly communicate in person and by telephone with co-workers and customers regarding the needs of the customer, requirements of their deal and the information relating to the vehicle.
2. Daily attendance that is consistent, regular and timely.
3. English reading and math skills sufficient to read all contracts and manufacturer's information (approximately the 10th grade level).
(up to 6 consecutive hours) standing, climbing, walking and fast walking (approximately a combined 4 miles daily) on cement, unusual parking lot surfaces, tile, linoleum and other interior and exterior flooring surfaces.
5. Repeated, regular and extended bending, twisting, sliding, pushing, pulling, stooping, stretching and reaching.
6. Mentally recalls and accurately recounts pertinent work information (i.e., available inventory and features
and benefits of up to 15 different vehicle models).
7. Completes required forms, documents and reports as needed.
8. Extensive out-of-doors work during daytime and nighttime hours in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures.
9. Cooperative and courteous manner with customers, co-workers and management personnel.
Valid driver's license and insurability by employer's carrier.
11. Accurately compares, reads and records identification numbers up to "18" alpha and numeric series (i.e., Vehicle Identification Number, part numbers).
12. Works extended hours (potentially 12 hour days), spur of the moment overtime AND consecutive work days (up to 7 consecutive days) on a regular and irregular basis.
13. Repeated and regular getting in and out of front and back seats of different sized vehicles.
14. Repeated lifting, leveraging and carrying of up to 25 pounds for both short and longer distances over a variety of walking surfaces.
15. Works with more than one person and/or task simultaneously, maintaining a cordial and friendly manner at all times without internalizing frustration, anger or pressure.
16. Ability to maintain good employee relations by acting courteously and amicably towards other co-workers.