Be the first to see new jobs
With general direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, provides a wide range of technical services on company buses, vans, and automobiles. This is a journeyman position that requires significant technical training and /or experience. Also works under the direction of the Terminal Manger.
1. Performs thorough, accurate Preventative Maintenance inspections.
2. Following schedules, completes all required PM maintenance operations including lubrication, fluid changes, brake adjustments, and tire rotation.
3. With direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, performs unscheduled maintenance as needed.
4. Performs complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel, brake, and exhaust repairs and field tests. This requires interpreting and working from drawings, specifications, and other technical materials.
5. Must be able to utilize a ladder and other elevation equipment to access the roof of buses and elevated light fixtures for repairs and maintenance.
6. Must operate CDL and Non-CDL vehicles (buses and van) to perform road tests, as well as shuttle in and out of the garage for repairs and maintenance.
7. Must be able to lift heavy equipment (up to 50lbs) including brake drums, tires, ladders, tool chests, floor jacks, etc. when necessary.
8. Must be able to operate bench grinder, torch, drill press, Jack, and Jack stands, sawzall, oil pumps, power washer, parts cleaner and other hand tools required to perform work.
9. Performs emergency roadside services as needed. Requires operation of either replacement vehicle or utility truck.
10. Emergency conditions may require calls at home, extended hours, or weekend work.
11. Document repairs and parts on work orders completely and accurately.
12. Maintains tools and w