In 1901, it was renamed Morris Harvey College, in honor of a devoted supporter.
In 1951, it purchased the Young-Noyes House as the home of the college president.
In 1970 the college became part of the South Carolina State College System.
In December 1978, the school changed its name to the University of Charleston.
Beginning with the inauguration of President Doctor Edwin H. Welch in 1989, the school has undergone a physical and academic transformation.
The University of Charleston was established in 1992 and provides graduate studies and other programs for the College of Charleston.
UC vacated the former MSU Beckley campus after the 2014–15 academic year and established a new campus in Beckley.
|Company Name||Founded Date||Revenue||Employee Size||Job Openings|
West Liberty University1837
University of Richmond1830
Norfolk State University1935
University of Dayton1850
Wright State University1964
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University1891
Fairmont State University1867