Senior Domain Data Steward - Customer (Remote)
Remote or Appleton, WI
The Domain Data Steward will focus on enabling U.S. Venture's data assets by definition and use, ensuring adherence to the enterprise Data Governance frameworks, policies, standards and rules by bringing the language of data to the for-front. The successful applicant will lead best-in-class; data governance, technologies and operations for U.S. Venture growing this brand-new capability and deliver exceptional data driven foundations and solutions.
This role can be onsite, hybrid or remote based on the capability and skills brought to this role, visibility is required. This Domain Data Steward role will have a Customer focus and span all data domains. Will ensure data understanding and visibility is simple and actionable for the USV teams while leveraging tools and working directly with the business and IT to define, use and manage the data's policies, standards and rules. These will be applied to data at creation, at-rest and in-motion, throughout the data's lifecycle. Data Enablement (Governance) tools will be deployed used and managed by this successful applicant in a federated governance model. Additionally, supporting the demands of the Data Enablement Team and the greater Data and Analytics Department.
* Work directly with Business, IT and DnA teams to guide, define, document and align data elements and actions.
* Develop lean process to ensure delivery of the Data Governance programs, strategy and customer value.
* Contribute to and manage the health and wellbeing of the Metadata repository(s) and use cases for metadata.
* Lead project/decision maker to achieve data-driven objectives and provide guidance and estimations for delivery.
* Responsible for the advancement of Data awareness and data maturity levels as we start our journey.
* Create/manage a customer valued Data Catalog "Language" with visualization and dashboarding.
* An expert level in Data Governance across multiple Data Domains and Divisions.
* Provide metrics, KPI's and ROI for Data Enablement as a whole.
* Manage Data Incident Management and metrics.
* Ability to provide timely feedback, mentor, coach, train, and develop data Steward and proactively expand the knowledge of USV team members.
* Stay abreast of technology and practice trends, create proof of concepts and lead adoption.
* Bachelor's in Business discipline, Technology, Economics or Statistics required; Master's preferred.
* 8+ years of experience in Enterprise Data Governance. In addition, experience in multiple areas; Data Operations, Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Management Strategy, Data platform/Architecture, Data lifecycle practices, with a minimum of 2 years of SQL experience.
* Demonstration of successful delivery and leadership of Data Governance frameworks and practices driving business value.
* Ability to distill, translate and incorporate business Data Policies, Standards and Rules into Data Enablement solutions and actions, driving the data language.
* Advanced knowledge of tools used on data, Collibra, Salesforce, Power BI, SQL, Databases, API and ETL Tools.
* 4+ years of experience owning or deploying data solutions.
* Knowledge of cloud providers such as Azure, Amazon, Google.
* Experience changing a culture to be data driven with a passion for Data and Governance.
* Qualifications and experience in a recognized Data Governance certification; e.g. CDMP - Data Governance +2 additional, IQCP, CIMP, ISO 8000, presenting Data Governance at an industry conference.
* Ability to create and manage Data frameworks and solutions for our customers under Data Enablement, developing strong Data programs, operations and project capabilities.
* Be a great data storyteller and data spokesperson at all levels.
* Self-motivated; ability to work independently, as part of a Data Governance teams, with cross-functional teams and leaders, in-person or remote.
* Experience in peer "Data" disciplines; Analyst, BI Engineer, Master, Quality, Science, Warehouse or other.
* Ability to build rapport, influence, cultivate working relationships and drive collaboration across teams.
* Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment, striving to exceed expectations.
Disclosure: This role does not qualify for remote work in Colorado.
U.S. Venture, Inc. maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected characteristic. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call Human Resources at (920) 739-6101.