What Does An Utility Technician Do At 3M
* required tasks necessary to do job)* Troubleshoot, repair/modify, PM, check-out and /or install utility equipment including; pneumatic equipment, hydraulic equipment, bearings, pumps and other devices following repair manuals, mechanical drawings and elementary electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic diagrams* Use various types of test and precision instruments to install, troubleshoot and repair plant utility equipment, including, but not limited to: dial indicators, micrometers, calipers, optical and laser instruments, millimeters’, PLC interfaces etc.* Set up, operate and use pressure gauges, thermometers, leak detectors, flow meters, roto meters and other measuring instruments to the instrument manufacturer’s specification* Operate drill presses, mills and grinders when building or repairing equipment* Operate power tools including, but not limited to: electric drills, electric hammers, and tubing bender, pipe cutter, etc.* Read and understand mechanical, electrical, logic pneumatic and hydraulic prints when troubleshooting and/or repairing utility equipment* Read and work to indicated accuracy, specifications and tolerances as detailed on engineering drawings, machine assembly prints, machine construction prints, blueprints, sketches, equipment manuals, and vendor diagrams, using both U* S. customary and SI (metric) systems of measurement* Work on equipment installed in cramped locations as well as elevated locations using scaffolding, ladders, hi-jackers, or boom truck; or on roofs of buildings, in pits, or in confined or hazardous locations* Follow corporate, plant and department procedures relating to work and safety procedures at all times to avoid personal injury, injury to co-workers, and/or damage to company property* Continuously learn new technologies and methods through the installation/modification of equipment, in-house training, and external training* Read PLC ladder logic and utilize PLC programming panels to troubleshoot equipment* Follow up on repairs and make suggestions to improve/prevent maintenance related downtime* Utilize the plant computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for writing work orders, entering time, entering comments, researching past problems, etc.* Research and order repair/replacement and new parts for plant equipment and facilities* Work both individually and in small work teams (2* people) to complete tasks.* Ask for help as needed* Perform assigned tasks as well as independently locating work* Perform housekeeping and cleanup duties after each task, as well as general work area housekeeping* Communicate effectively with other plant personnel and disciplines such as engineering, production supervision, production operators, etc. regarding utility work* Perform job requirements within the specified or shortest time possible, at the lowest cost and with minimum waste while maintaining an appropriate quality of workmanship* Work with other employees and visitors in a fully supportive partnering and team member relationship to contribute to overall goals of the work unit, department, plant and company* Perform physical tasks as outlined on the attached physical activity summary* Other miscellaneous duties as requested by leader* Regular and predictable attendance* Additional Functions/Responsibilities:* Assist in identifying repetitive problems* Aid other craftspeople in procuring parts, prints, procedures and tools to accomplish their work* Assess the need for PM’s, PM changes, documentation, tools, spare parts, procedures and training* Assist in the design and implementation of small engineering projects for process, resident, division and maintenance engineering groups* Participate in continuous improvement of our main operations* Attend training for personal and professional development* Ground maintenance
What Does An Utility Technician Do At United States Steel
* Performs tasks that support various producing units using basic hand tools, pneumatic equipment, gauges, oxygen lances, power actuated tools, and torches.* Handles, transports, and processes product and materials * Work with and around materials that may be hot, heavy or sharp, and hazardous chemicals. * Ability to perform manual labor and lift in excess of 25 lbs.* Assists in inspecting and performing maintenance on equipment.* Work in various areas of the mill is required.* Dependent upon the area, environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy. * You may be required to work in close proximity to molten metal.* After brief on the job training, you will be expected to move into a Utility Technician position which includes operation of material handling equipment such as overhead and mobile cranes of various sizes and types, tractors, trucks, dozers, loaders, boom trucks, and feeders
What Does An Utility Technician Do At Sodexo Inc.
* Cleans offices, patients /residents rooms, dorms, classrooms, schools, common areas, lavatories, halls, food service areas and any other areas that may require attention.* Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs and office space.* Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings.* Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals per manufacturer and Sodexo standards.* Empties trash and garbage containers.* Replenishes supplies.* May shampoo and cleans carpets or buff and polish floors which will require the use of mechanical equipment.* May change sheets and replenish linens.* May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor repairs.* May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.* Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.* Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.* Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What Does An Utility Technician Do At Utility Resource Group, LLC.
* Complete locates accurately* Complete daily workload efficiently* Perform locates with safety in mind* Keep lines of communication open with Management* Help in other areas if needed* Be reassigned willingly to new areas if asked* Always be reachable after-hours* Respect and care for company issued equipment (phone, truck, locator etc.)* Conduct daily activities courteously* Report any problems on a job site to appointed superior* File erroneous record reports when necessary* Establish relationships with contractors working in designated area* Maintain safe driving record* Work efficiently while keeping damages to a minimum* Walk for long periods of time* Maintain a good attendance record* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by superiors Associated topics: captain, district manager, editor in chief, executive team leader, fire captain, gerente, police captain, police chief, project manager, senior
What Does An Utility Technician Do At American States Utility Services
* Performs moderately complex tasks to ensure compliance with water quality and environmental regulations within the distribution system* Records and maintains water quality data* Updates sample plans and monitoring schedules* Collects water samples and transports them to laboratory for analysis* Maintains laboratory report files and system flushing records* Performs data analysis and prepares exhibits as instructed* Assists with preparing system maps for sampling and flushing* Responds to water quality complaints or questions* Performs routine flushing to ensure distribution system water quality parameters meet Federal and State Regulatory Standards* Performs other related duties as assigned* Works under general supervision